Why does Europe always get the shaft?

iceblade

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
I really really want to know. I was already mad about Paper Mario and Trauma Center but seeing Bleach Shattered Blade scheduled for release in USA in October 2007 and in Europe at March 2008 (this is not certain but for sure is in 2008) makes me want to smash my Wii.
And don't get me started on the cost of the games.
It almost seems like Nintendo wants Europeans to mod.

I understand where you are coming from. I have also thought about it so many times as well, but I guess thats just the way life is. At least we get the games in the end. Its better late than never. :lol:

Last edited:
It's always been like that. We pay more money for games, we wait longer, and that's if we're lucky enough to see them at all. Alright, I'll admit translating a game into various European languages can take a little while, but I doubt it took five months to translate Super Paper Mario. Microsoft can usually give us a European release within two weeks after America, which I would say proves Nintendo just aren't trying.

Nintendo has it main area targets as Asia and America, those get the most sales
and are the main targets for Nintendo. They could try harder for I understand some games coming late because of having to translate into all the European languages and such but it is just the way it works, we may get it late and expensive but it is just how it is sadly.

$30 for a average wii game?

£30 for a average wii game which is roughly around $58...

It all is down to economy and such to the prices but for the release date it is down to the company's own reasoning.

The Wii games aren't any more expensive (forget USA) than games have been since the Playstation. We got Mario Strikers first and there will probably be games released in Europe before the US in the future too.

Marc said:
The Wii games aren't any more expensive (forget USA) than games have been since the Playstation.

True, but given we're paying more than double what our American cousins are paying, I still can't help but feel ripped-off.

We got Mario Strikers first and there will probably be games released in Europe before the US in the future too.

I'm betting that's the exception rather than the rule. Footie is more popular here than in the US, so naturally Nintendo would push for a quick release here. But when it comes to the games that really matter (e.g. Metroid Prime 3) guess who's left waiting? Hint- it's not the Americans.

uhu. With the important games ( any game from now on ) they will release it in the USA first.

And I didnt knew the games where that much cheaper overthere. Even if you count the value of the dollar compaired to youre own coin?

We're Nintendo's extra income... The ones they could do without. They don't care about Europe, and it's time we faced it!

So we pay more money for games, we wait longer, and that's if we're lucky enough to see them at all as napalmbrain (very correctly) said because of the smaller sales volume in Europe.
I mean, if that's not respect for the customer then what is?

They dont care. Its a business. Businesses only want to make money, instead of what they want you to believe.

They dont care about you unless you are the bigger market.

You are right, however I don't think it's a good idea to piss off customers if you want to make money, even if they are a small portion

I always say that Europe gets games later because we're better than America at them, so they have time to practice :yesnod:

honestly, thats were nintendo sucks, release dates and **** im sick of it. thats why 360 is winning in australia release dates are awesome....

Well as long as we still buy all there stuff, nintendo wont give a rats ass about it.

The Wii is the fastest selling console in the UK EVER

So nintendo wont care if theyre angry with the release dates. Theyve done this all the time and people keep buying there ****.

Its like the miniatures game warhammer ( not sure if you know it ) but the company who sells it keeps increasing there prices. People are angry about it but still buy those miniatures.

Australia has it as bad as Europe does(if not a couple days more). Someone got around too (finally) writing a report about video game delays (speciaffically nintendo), here's a link to it:Game Delays in Australia/New Zealend

Back