why in the world...

I still don't like it. But point well made. It surely left a thought in my mind for a long time >>> CREEEPY!!

Chaz said:
but people who aren't diehard into computer games may see a PS3 in a shop and say "Hey, I remember seeing an ad for that, must be pretty popular, I'll get it."

And as for the actual advert, it does exactly what it's meant to: get your attention.

Well, if they see a PS3 in a shop, they wouldn't exactly think "must be pretty popular" when the see it accompanied by 25 other PS3's

ThatGuy127 said:
Well, if they see a PS3 in a shop, they wouldn't exactly think "must be pretty popular" when the see it accompanied by 25 other PS3's

yeah, when i walk into an electronic store and see 15 laptops behind the shelf, i automatically think it must not be popular... (thats how rediclous what you said sounds).

Most businesses wont display a ton of PS3s, thats what stocking is for. General business practice is to put only a few out on the floor at any one time.

Shift i think you misunderstood what he said lmao

Well, if they see a PS3 in a shop, they wouldn't exactly think "must be pretty popular" when they see it accompanied by 25 other PS3's

He is trying to say if i'm not mistaken. He is trying to say that not because there are 25 ps3's in a shop. That doen't mean people will say it must be pretty popular. So from what i can gather. He is saying that not because something has a huge quantity on the shelf, doesn't mean people will say it is popular.

But hey we could wait to hear from him. But i honestly think you misunderstood what he said. No offense taking shift

Chaz said:
Do you not know what the point of advertising is? By discussing this topic you've proven that their ad is actually a pretty good one. The point of advertising isn't to make you necessarily say "Hey, I want that!", the point is to make you remember what the ad is about. Obviously with so many fanboys on here, it's not going to affect you, but people who aren't diehard into computer games may see a PS3 in a shop and say "Hey, I remember seeing an ad for that, must be pretty popular, I'll get it."

And as for the actual advert, it does exactly what it's meant to: get your attention.
Or they'll say "Hey that machines for babies, I saw it on tv."

hotpotato78 said:
Shift i think you misunderstood what he said lmao

Well, if they see a PS3 in a shop, they wouldn't exactly think "must be pretty popular" when they see it accompanied by 25 other PS3's

He is trying to say if i'm not mistaken. He is trying to say that not because there are 25 ps3's in a shop. That doen't mean people will say it must be pretty popular. So from what i can gather. He is saying that not because something has a huge quantity on the shelf, doesn't mean people will say it is popular.

But hey we could wait to hear from him. But i honestly think you misunderstood what he said. No offense taking shift

lol ok, how was that different from what i said. You dont give me enough credit. I understood exactly what he was getting at, maybe you dont understand my responses.

Im saying that I can also walk into an electronic store, see a dozen dell laptops in boxes stacked up and think that it must not be popular because the store ordered a lot. Im showing theres something wrong with that logic.

Anyways, keep trying to find something on me. You might get lucky one of these days.

i know what you are saying. But his statement is saying more of that not everybody will think the way Chaz said............ But not because something is on the shelf that doesn't mean it is popular. But yeah they dont put all on display at one time. you are right. But not because there is alot of something that won't cost me to buy it.....but notice hwat thatguy said completely.

they wouldn't exactly think "must be pretty popular" when the see it accompanied by 25 other PS3's.

Which still leaves room to say they might have a slight idea in their minds. The exactly word is what leaves room to say they can still think that way but not exactly like how it is worded..... so that's why i meanly think you misunderstood

Shiftfallout said:
your all a bunch of sissys then. lol cmon, do you wet your bed when you watch a horror film? lol you guys rediculous. lol its so sad.

being scared and creeped out are two diffrent things. some people are creeped out over how old people skin looks. donest mean that they would be scared of the grumpy old men movie. just like the baby creeps thern out dosent mean they would go see a horror flick and piss their pants.
if they where scared of chucky, then i could see how that made sense.

all im sayin is being creeped out isnt the same as being sacred.

also i know you didnt directly say it, but wetting the bed while watching a horror movie must imply that one is scared.

lets watch what happens next. although i wont be suprised.:rolleyes:

Robertking1123 said:
being scared and creeped out are two diffrent things. some people are creeped out over how old people skin looks. donest mean that they would be scared of the grumpy old men movie. just like the baby creeps thern out dosent mean they would go see a horror flick and piss their pants.
if they where scared of chucky, then i could see how that made sense.

all im sayin is being creeped out isnt the same as being sacred.

also i know you didnt directly say it, but wetting the bed while watching a horror movie must imply that one is scared.

lets watch what happens next. although i wont be suprised.:rolleyes:
I completely agree. No movies have ever scared me. My parents never let me watch Zombie movies cause they said it would make me scared but I just ended up yawning through most of it.......

Shiftfallout said:
lol ok, how was that different from what i said. You dont give me enough credit. I understood exactly what he was getting at, maybe you dont understand my responses.

Im saying that I can also walk into an electronic store, see a dozen dell laptops in boxes stacked up and think that it must not be popular because the store ordered a lot. Im showing theres something wrong with that logic.

Anyways, keep trying to find something on me. You might get lucky one of these days.
finding 25 dell laptops still on the shelf, in my book, is a pretty good indication of not being popular. i mean, that's why they discount last season's clothlines, right? cuz no one is buying them and they're still on the shelf?

Back