Wii 2

dreamcastninja said:
i hope they do a wii update, then our wii's will be "rare".
rightt
when the ds was updated the originals became known as "phats"

and why would you be that pissed? cause you wouldnt get the dvd player and smaller look of the new wii?
i was kinda mad when the elite came out cause i bought my 360 only a few months before, and i wouldve bought the elite
but then i thought, hey, i had the 360 when i wanted it, and if i waited, i wouldve been bored and 360-less for all these months, if you truly like the wii, you should feel the same about it.

Gymdawg said:
Seriously, I wouldn't expect any less from Nintendo.

(eh? nintendo only ever made a 'reduced' console with either the NES or the SNES... it's sony you're thinking of... they've made a smaller version of all of their consoles so far (par the PS3 - too new... although they've probably got one planned))

yeh...that would suck if another one would come out..but it would be awesome to just get an updated version to download !~!!

but like alot of people have already mentioned.. the wii is selling like crazy, you can't find it basically anywhere, so those of us who have it should be greatfull in the first place, and like i said mentioned above why would nintendo change anything when sales are off the roof and they are making money off every console that they sell ($50USD) ..i think they will leave the console alone for a while and just use the updates in my opinion

Last edited:
To clarify the DVD Wii. Its only been confirmed for Japan and if I remember the press release right it is scheduled for this winter.

As for anything else. We'll probably see just updates for the most part. I personally hope we get a demo channel and some USB storage going. I'm starting to run out of room here.

Wii 2.0 will be the Wii's succusser. and from the looks of it and what analysts have said we'll be seeing it sooner than we'd hope. I hope and pray the Wii will be able to keep up with the xbox 360 and PS3. but right now the only advantage the common consumer sees is the lower price. Once the xbox 360 and PS3 prices drop their sales will pick up.

The wii 2 will come in the form of a penile shaped cable. Thats right. Nintendo's genius plan is for you to buy another wii, and have both wii's hook up to eachother to double the power. They were gonna call it cross fire, but that name was already taken, then they thought they would call it SLI, but that was also taken so they just named it Wii Sex. But then a parent complained and its now just Wii 2 (or as the french say, "wii wii"). $500 later, a wiimote in each hand, and a dual 700mhz system later, you have the next wave of nintendo's marketing.

Last edited:
amlwaycooljr said:
well that was just rude and uncalled for.

what was? I think it would be a great idea. The wiis can look like the two i's in the Wii name. Using your old system to back up the power of the new sounds kinda neato to me. :lol:

Haha, thats awesome. I think a a few of you guys didn't actually read my original post. I was trying to point out that I was scared that something newer and better would come out soon for the same price. I was just using DVD playback as an example. I was also trying to point out that I hoped for updates and not a whole new system.

I think there will be another in about 5 years time. Seems to be the life span for a console.

My COusin Got So PO'ed When I Got A 360 Elite And He Was Stuck With His White One... >_>

Back