Wii Backwards Compatibility

Yeah, nintendo has actually kept wavebird production flowing the last few months. I think they are aware that people are going to need it for the gamecube games they never played.

Yes, this backwards compatability thing was definitely a great idea. I actually sold off all my other Nintendo systems, having no need for them.

thats the main reason why i bought a Wii, for its ability to play multiple console games in just one system. greatest idea ever!

the wii is only compatible because of the follwoing:
uses the same controller (Xbox360 & PS3 use different Controlles)
Cannot acess the wii menu or turn it off by remote.(Xbox 360: can acess the dashboard)
uses same memory(xbox 360 uses different)
and other stuff that has to do with C# and stuff:yesnod:

Including BC on the Wii was a brilliant idea on Nintendo's part. Added to the VC it opens up a huge catalogue of Nintendo classics. Plus it means a boost for sales of Gamecube games (e.g. only yesterday I bought SSBM).

.:Walkman:. said:
the wii is only compatible because of the follwoing:
uses the same controller (Xbox360 & PS3 use different Controlles)
Cannot acess the wii menu or turn it off by remote.(Xbox 360: can acess the dashboard)
uses same memory(xbox 360 uses different)
and other stuff that has to do with C# and stuff:yesnod:

I'll take those minor problems over having compatibility lists, firmware updates, glitches, etc.

All the better to give them the money to supply us with some super-awesome graphics on the next Nintendo console.

They have no excuse! The Wii's a hit, gamecube games are selling, gamecube controllers are selling, VC games are selling.

But yeah. It feels nice to be able to pop in a GC game and then a Wii game, using the same space.

dodgymanc said:
Yeah, sorry.

One annoying thing about playing GC games on my Wii is that obviously the GameCube controllers are wired (I never got a Wavebird :( ) so I had to move my Wii into the middle of my room so the cord would reach!

I actually had the same issue, I bought a Gamecube controller extension cable for $3 and it works great.

where u get the extender? thats the whole reason i havent played any GC games cause the cable too short an im missing out on some metroid

nic7 said:
Yeah, nintendo has actually kept wavebird production flowing the last few months. I think they are aware that people are going to need it for the gamecube games they never played.
what are you saying no one played gamecube????:shocked: WTF?

Isn't the Wii the first backwards compatible console of Nintendo.... Because Nintendo really only made the Gameboy's backwards compatible..

Either way Nintendo did an great job on the backwards compatibility unlike Sony and Microsoft on their new system.

I feel stupid asking this, but can it actually play N64, etc games? I hired out a Wii before and I couldn't see any special slots (heck I couldn't find a place to stick in a GC controller or memory card, probably due to lots of stickers) and does that mean you can plug in N64 controllers?

Back