Wii Chat Rooms?

Darkside7000

Luke Perry for President!
Dec 1, 2006
Australia
How would you's like to see Wii Chat rooms for the Wii? Along with a keyboard that connects into the Wii mote. Basically, a new Chat channel would be opened with dozens of chat rooms. On top of that, if you have a game in the Wii (for example, Zelda: TP) you can go to a chat room specifically designed for getting help with Zelda: TP. You could also enter a chatroom by pausing the game, and connecting the keyboard and you will connected to that games chat room. Removing the keyboard takes you back to the game.

Ofcourse, there will be several parental settings:
1. Free Access (allows you to enter any chatroom)
2. Mod Access (allows you to enter a chatroom if a mod is present)
3. Admin Access (allows you to enter a chatroom if an admin is present)
4. No Access (cant enter chatrooms)
Mods=Regular players selected by Admins to govern chat rooms.
Admins=People hire by Nintendo to watch over the chat rooms.

What do you think? Would you like to see this in a future update? Probably not going to happen, but it would be awsome IMO. Definately for getting quick help with games.

I think chatrooms are a big headache for some companies in todays world, wasn't it yahoo or msn who removed their chatroom networks a while back?

It was yahoo.

We should make an IRC channel. Gamesurge would be a great place to have one.

Anyone interested?

Mmy said:
It was yahoo.

We should make an IRC channel. Gamesurge would be a great place to have one.

Anyone interested?
I'm interested, but IRC is not my area of expertise... at all.

Anyways... pretty sure that Nintendo wouldn't do this. They wouldn't want little kids getting into chat rooms with child molesters. It would be cool to see like a chat with your wiis as avatars. Like habbo hotel... it won't happen, but it'd be cool!

Admins and mods will handle that. They could kick people out of rooms for even using a bad word.

Plus the parental controls would prevent kids from entering chat rooms without a Nintendo Admin/Mod being present, or even stopping them from enetering chat rooms at all.

you cant expect there to be a bajillion admins and mods in every room. I'm sure nintendos just jumping at the bit to pay several thousands of people to work for them.

I'm not expecting that at all, mainly the chat rooms would only be accessable by those people who are old enough to know about the dangers of the internet, so most young children would not be allowed access at all. I dont even see them doing so anyway. Besides, the main function of it would be to get some quick help on a game or if your having Wii problems, you could get them solved there. How money kids are going to go to a chat room to get help with their Wii? Most likely none, they would probably go to their parents if it wasnt functioning properly.

Darkside7000 said:
I'm not expecting that at all, mainly the chat rooms would only be accessable by those people who are old enough to know about the dangers of the internet, so most young children would not be allowed access at all. I dont even see them doing so anyway. Besides, the main function of it would be to get some quick help on a game or if your having Wii problems, you could get them solved there. How money kids are going to go to a chat room to get help with their Wii? Most likely none, they would probably go to their parents if it wasnt functioning properly.
Hmm... actually online customer service via Wii isn't a bad idea... at all. But most of the time if there is a problem, you won't be able to access it, but that's a good idea actually. And a chat with your friend wouldn't be bad.

I like that Wii chat idea...But I doubt Nintendo will make one..Because we don`t want little Timmy to hear a bwad word do we?

Back