Wii Classic Controller

Longhorns1

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2008
Can anyone tell me if the Classic controller works with all games or just the ones ordered off the Wii?

The classic controller works with only some Wii titles and Virtual Console game.

It DOES NOT work for gamecube games.

it works for all virtual console games that you download from the wii shop channel. it works for a few wii games, but not many. be sure to read the controller compatability of the game before purchasing.

just to let you know, i really enjoy VC's and think that it has so much potential with the amount of great games out there, so i own 3 classic contollers and use them quite often. but this is also because i dont own any game cube controllers. if i did i would probably not buy the classic controllers.

Thank you

Thank you for the information. Very insightful...

welcome
if you have anymore questions just ask. ill do my best to answer, but to be honest ill probably be the most help at directing you to somebody that will really help you out. Ps welcome to the site, there are many helpful members here to answer your questions.

Edit: oh man i spelt site, sight, sorry

mKcallum said:
why does the classic controller have Z buttons when only the gamcube had a Z button.

They may utilize the Z button in the future... like possibly have gamecube games operate with classic controllers instead of having to use gamecube controllers. I hope they can do this someday.

its a possibilty that nintendo was actually thinking to the future for wiiware. the increased amount of buttons will give game developers more option, so maybe they will be utilized there... just a guess

Fire Flower said:
The classic controller works with only some Wii titles and Virtual Console game.

It DOES NOT work for gamecube games.

I did not know this. I thought the classic controller was the wii replacement for the original gamecube controller. Glad I know this now.

Back