Wii emulator runing games at 720P?

if you post a video @ anything less than 1080P, you will not be proving your point.
there is just not enough pixels in the 480p image to show the detail from a 1080p image. there just isn't the in depth pixelation.

On top of that all of us on wiichat would have to be running an HD video card with an HD monitor to be compatible with such video.

I think, some people believe in High-Definition without testing if that the developers say is correct or not and only follow the marketing. Not everything they say is true!!
Why purchase a Bluray to see movies in 1080p for 300 bucks instead you can purchase an upscaler DVD player for 120 bucks or less with the same results?. The only difference between Bluray and upscaled DVDs is the storage space, that is why the Bluray has more features and content. But the Bluray sales are low becose the people don't see the difference in that resolution compared to DVD upscaling players. I already know how the video and compress video work, but again in the final result the difference is minimum.
If the upscaler doesn't improve visuals (check the upscalers reviews in the first page), what things improve and why these devices sell well?

Why purchase a Bluray to see movies in 1080p for 300 bucks instead you can purchase an upscaler DVD player for 120 bucks or less with the same results?.
Or you could get a PS3 and enjoy the best of some games and Blue ray films

Why purchase a Bluray to see movies in 1080p for 300 bucks instead you can purchase an upscaler DVD player for 120 bucks or less with the same results?.

The results are NOT NOT NOT the same!

The 1080p Blu-Ray picture is a new scan of the original film print. It contains 1080 lines of unique picture data.

A 480p DVD picture has 480 lines of unique picture data scanned from the original film print.

If you upscale the 480p DVD to 1080p, you can't magically create 600 lines of new picture information that wasn't originally in the 480 lines scanned from the film.

And that's just dealing with horizontal resolution. 1080p has more pixels across too.

Here are just a few comparisons between DVD and Blu-Ray
Blade Runner http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=804
Spiderman 3 http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=761
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=777

But the Bluray sales are low becose the people don't see the difference in that resolution compared to DVD upscaling players. I already know how the video and compress video work, but again in the final result the difference is minimum.

Blu-ray is still fairly expensive and the movies themselves are usually a little more too. Plus, to take advantage of Blu-Ray (and to REALLY see the different between upscaled DVD and Blu-Ray), you're going to need an HDTV. Most people don't have an HDTV yet, so those people are not going to buy a Blu-Ray player.

Last edited:
Blu-ray is still fairly expensive and the movies themselves are usually a little more too. Plus, to take advantage of Blu-Ray (and to REALLY see the different between upscaled DVD and Blu-Ray), you're going to need an HDTV. Most people don't have an HDTV yet, so those people are not going to buy a Blu-Ray player.
Truth be said on my part
Blue ray is meaningless to me and most people I know at the moment
Where as the leap from VHS to DVD was a major one (space saved and amount of stuff on the disc) the leap from DVD to Blue ray seems pointless, I like anime so far all I have seen on Blueray is the same of everything where as they could get all of Cowboy Bebop on there (seen the HD version of the film) the gready companys wont do it

Sorry, but there's people that don't have eagle's eyes to see the difference, if it there!!
First I have my Friend's xbox360 on my home and I already compare it with my Wii and I say there's some games with very close visuals for example: Cabela's big game Hunter, Tom Raider: Underworld, Need for Speed:proStreet are Wii games very close to the xbox360 versions, I played both and upscaling the Wii games to 1080p. It's like the same!!
Everything you say and think won't block the final results and the true is, these games in 1080p look like a xbox360/ps3 game.
I already compared it, in motion and it's the same, but of course with far better controls cause the Wiimote. Again wait for my videos and you can't complaint.

I have no clue what you're looking at, but I own both a PS3 and Wii, and the PS3 ranks ahead in sound, framerate, visuals, motion, and overall fluidity.

And you're really exaggerating the part of better controls. Sure, I understand your opinion towards the point and click, but the games you have listed have basic controls of the analog and buttons.

Last edited:
Yeah, I already know that, if you can see my 60" HDTV screen you can't see the difference between the 720p xbox360 games and the upscaled 720p Wii games. I really have problems with my video camera to match the correct HDTV resolution and you can see if there's a difference, later I will try to upload the videos to "youtube" and show the videos here in "Wiichat". I think the videos will be in HD...
To answer the RivalDestiny question, I did say that DVDs and Bluray have differences in the storage capacity that allow the Bluray to offer more content, better sound, motion, etc... But about the resolution there's not a remarkable difference between the 1080p Bluray and the 1080p upscaled DVDs...

i don't think ypu are hearing that b/c of the increased space, you can hold much higher definition. can you explain how a lower resolution can be made to look like a higher resolution, so much that it seems that despite the data isn't there, it looks like it is?

I did say that DVDs and Bluray have differences in the storage capacity that allow the Bluray to offer more content, better sound, motion, etc... But about the resolution there's not a remarkable difference between the 1080p Bluray and the 1080p upscaled DVDs...

DVD-480p 720x480 (345,600 pixels)
Blu-Ray-1080p 1920x1080 (2,073,600 pixels)

So a 1080p image has 1,720,800 more pixels than 480p. That's 6 times more image detail.

Upscaling a 480p image just duplicates existing pixels to get to 1080p. It doesn't create additional image detail that wasn't there to start with.

i dont think we can talk pixels and resolution with this guy anymore. he obviously doesn't understand that higher texture definition comes from hav ng more pixels in a square inch to allow for a more realistic reproduction of the texture.

DVD-480p 720x480 (345,600 pixels)
Blu-Ray-1080p 1920x1080 (2,073,600 pixels)

So a 1080p image has 1,720,800 more pixels than 480p. That's 6 times more image detail.

Upscaling a 480p image just duplicates existing pixels to get to 1080p. It doesn't create additional image detail that wasn't there to start with.
Easiest to see up scaling is to watch a early youtube vid and click the full screen button
OH THE BLURENESS

Back