Wii Fan Stand (w/LED)

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Can someone (that has it or has seen it in person) confirm to me that this fan stand's LED is the same shade of blue as the wii's LED is?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802630

I am thinking about getting it (solely for the kick-ass led, I couldnt care less about the fan) because my local store is having a sale and its only 10 bucks, but I would get it if its a different shade of blue. I am asking because it looks A LOT lighter blue than the wii is.

Thanks everyone.

theres a setting that turns the light off :wink:

LevesqueIsKing said:
Can someone (that has it or has seen it in person) confirm to me that this fan stand's LED is the same shade of blue as the wii's LED is?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802630

I am thinking about getting it (solely for the kick-ass led, I couldnt care less about the fan) because my local store is having a sale and its only 10 bucks, but I would get it if its a different shade of blue. I am asking because it looks A LOT lighter blue than the wii is.

Thanks everyone.
yes it is about the same color, and bright also (I have one and am looking at it right now, also makes a nice blue night light lol)

jbach42 said:
yes it is about the same color, and bright also (I have one and am looking at it right now, also makes a nice blue night light lol)

Sweet, Ill definetly be picking it up today then. Imo a kick-ass led is well worth 10 bucks, whether it has a terrible fan in it or not. Plus, this'll make my wii special, and my friend that has a wii will be jealous :cool:

LevesqueIsKing said:
Sweet, Ill definetly be picking it up today then. Imo a kick-ass led is well worth 10 bucks, whether it has a terrible fan in it or not. Plus, this'll make my wii special, and my friend that has a wii will be jealous :cool:
I like mine, the LED lighting, seems to just make the edges glow, or the cornes, not the whole thing, it's very cool :>

dreamcastninja said:
it's just a 12 volt pc fan stuck in a case with a led. Make one yourself. or better yet, use cold cathode lighting.
USB output only 5V and the fan is 5V.

i possibly will be getting this, for £5 it is worth it.

it's still on the 12v power supply standard... learn electronics before you talk trash.

cars are also ran on a 12volt system. yet if you hook up an led somewhere it might only be 3 or 4 volts, yet it's still 12 volt.

read a basic electronics book.

This particular fan uses USB power. I just bought one last Saturday in their store. USB carries only 5V+/-0.25V. Learning electronics? That was 30 years ago for me. If you want to learn more about this fan, check out Brando's site. GameStop just put their logo on it. I had my PalmIII memory upgrade done in Brando's shop long before he started marketing various gadgets with his own brand name.

Last edited:
USB power is based off of a 12 volt power supply. It's a 12 volt system. I don't care how much voltage input/output is. The bottom line is that it's a 12 volt system.

"a kick-ass led is well worth 10 bucks"
No, it's really not.

In your logic, it is 110V AC here, since everything plug into the wall. So feel free to get a 110V fan. LOL.

Back