Wii Fan Stand (w/LED)

dreamcastninja said:
it's still on the 12v power supply standard... learn electronics before you talk trash.

cars are also ran on a 12volt system. yet if you hook up an led somewhere it might only be 3 or 4 volts, yet it's still 12 volt.

read a basic electronics book.

Yeah dude, it seems like you are the one that needs to learn electronics. If you put a 3v led on a car abttery do you know what will happen? It will fry.

The usb puts out 5v. period. Nobody cares that the power supply on the wii runs on 12v, because it's regulated to 5v at the usb plug. Just like how the 110VAC is regulated down to 12VDC inside the wii. (Just as Billcsho said above me)

I just bought one today. Took it apart right away and examined it. I was hoping to see a 2 speed fan or see that the fan was really rated at 4v but had a resistor in it or something, so that I could take the resistor out and overpower it a bit. Sadly, no such luck. The fan moves very little air, but it's better than nothing when it's getting warm sitting on standby. And my apartment is really hot in the summer. No a/c. :( I might tap into the console's power supply at some point and feed the fan 6 or 7 volts and see what happens...

Back