Wii Fit: Not Actually Intended To Make You Fit

i hope no one was planning to actually get "fit" from playing this game....
if you are a fat as% !@#$ then hit the treadmill.

Is a fighting button mashing game intented for your fingers to hurt and throb?

iamreptar said:
i hope no one was planning to actually get "fit" from playing this game....
if you are a fat as% !@#$ then hit the treadmill.

I agree. That pretty much sums up what Miyamoto meant. Yes Wii Fit will burn more calories than simply twitching your thumb on a TV remote. But it definately isn't an alternative to jogging.

I like the Yoga idea. I'm all for it!! Mainly because I can't see my young Mexican self striking poses in a yoga studio with a group of older free spirited cacausians:lol:

Caliko said:
I agree. That pretty much sums up what Miyamoto meant. Yes Wii Fit will burn more calories than simply twitching your thumb on a TV remote. But it definately isn't an alternative to jogging.

So the jogging in Wii Fit is not an alternative to jogging??
It looks exactly the same except you arn't going anywhere...

so then whats the point?

oh yeah, most wii owners are "non-gamers" and arent even online to read this stuff, so theyll still think its suppose to make them loose weight.. so this is a failsafe to when they snap into reality and start bitching?

^Exactly.

The sale's ploy is still to prey on casual gamers, like it always has been, Nintendo is just saving face with this. Don't expect to see this reminder in the WiiFit commercial's, in other words :wink:

hey guys, im sensing some love and some hate for this game. As for me however i am looking forward to it and am online to check out new games and updates etc....but there is one question that is praying on my mind.... does anyone know when wii fit is due for release in England.

No.

It is rumoured that it will be released in the Summer or Fall for North America, and it will be some time later than that for Europe.

Sure, you guys, who have made gaming (and more importantly discussing games) a career, realize that Wii Fit is not likely to be an effective replacement for exercise. But you must realize that this is lost on the casual market, who will make up the vast majority of sales. This could be construed as being partially their fault for not having researched the game enough. However, at the same time, Nintendo has marketed this game as a fitness game from day one--heck, it's even got "Fit" as the name. What ever happened to truth and ethics in advertising?

But this is nothing new to Nintendo. They're just pulling out their old tricks of slimy marketing schemes with the intentions of duping the mass market. Good old duplicitous Nintendo. And, of course, as soon as they're called out on it, they start backpedaling as usually and jump right into equivocation.

Moral of the story: Don't advertise and market a product as something that it is not. Not that Nintendo cares, though...

LevesqueIsKing said:
No.

It is rumoured that it will be released in the Summer or Fall for North America, and it will be some time later than that for Europe.

IGN reported April, but May 20th is also floating around....so I guess nobody really knows.

I was really hoping you'd make more sense after your ban, AtomHeart...

I 'got' nothing. What I now understand, is that you didn't learn your lesson. You're STILL trolling.

What slimy tricks? Nintendo has none, and continues to be one of the most trustworthy and reliable corporations out there.

Whoever buys this game expecting to 'get in shape' is a complete moron, or doesn't care enough to quickly research a product before blowing $75. It is not Nintendo's fault in any way shape or form that today's society is so desperate to find a 'quick and easy' way to lose weight.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I 'got' nothing. What I now understand, is that you didn't learn your lesson. You're STILL trolling.

What slimy tricks? Nintendo has none, and continues to be one of the most trustworthy and reliable corporations out there.

Whoever buys this game expecting to 'get in shape' is a complete moron, or doesn't care enough to quickly research a product before blowing $75. It is not Nintendo's fault in any way shape or form that today's society is so desperate to find a 'quick and easy' way to lose weight.

So no blame can be placed on advertising and marketing that has the intention to dupe the consumers? Like I said, consumers should do research; however, at the same time, corporations have the ethical obligation to practice truth in advertising. They've been advertising it as a fitness game from day one (just look at the commercials and ads) and even give it the title of Fit (well, Wii Fit). They are so blatantly advertising it as something it's not and then completely backpedal in venues in which they know that the vast majority of the market won't be reading, so that they can save face. It's classic Nintendo.

Clearly, I'm not the only one who sees this, as there are people writing articles about it. But you Nintendo fanboys can sure choose your own reality, huh?

And how exactly am I trolling? What is your definition of trolling? Are we not allowed to state negative facts about Nintendo? Is that not allowed?

Last edited:
Back