Wii Game not working on WiiU

redwolf

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2014
St. Louis
This one stumped the guys at the store.
We have a WiiU that we got because the Wii was becoming obsolete. I really like more the of Wii games but whatever. I used to play Wii Resort on my WiiU and it worked just fine. One day the WiiU decided to randomly update (a feature I wish I could control) and my Wii Resort doesn't work any more. I tried buying a new copy in case it was the disk, but no luck.
The deal is it loads up Wii Resort, and gives me the option of Wii Sport or Wii Resort and as soon as I select one or the other it says that the game isn't working and I need to consult the Wii manual (which I don't have since I didn't by a Wii). Boooo. If someone could maybe point me toward a solution I will be forever in your debt.
Thanks!

Try checking for another update.
Failing that find someone else with a WiiU to try the game

I don't know how one goes about looking for updates or removing old updates. I don't know anything about it.
I don't know anyone else who has a WiiU.
Is there any place I can go where someone might have an answer? Any other forums or customer servicers? Someone told me to only go to Nintendo as a last resort (which I didn't really understand).

It might have to be that you have to go to Nintendo as theres nothing about it online

Maybe the update prevents you from playing certain Wii Games anymore. When you go to the disk channel does it say "Unable to read disc"?

^Ones nobody care about is a given, but Wiisports?

Back