Wii gameplay with no buttons for people with disabilities

vinylmatt

WiiChat Member
Oct 19, 2007
Hi,

Need some advice on game selection.

I've got a friend with a disability (high spinal injury): he can move his arms but not his hands/fingers, we were playing the sports package that came with his Wii, tennis and boxing are perfect because you can play without the buttons.

I'm looking to compile a list of games that don't involve using the buttons during gameplay. Clicking them to move though the screens to get to the gameplay is fine, but if you guys could post up the 'motion only' games you've played that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

vinylmatt said:
Hi,

Need some advice on game selection.

I've got a friend with a disability (high spinal injury): he can move his arms but not his hands/fingers, we were playing the sports package that came with his Wii, tennis and boxing are perfect because you can play without the buttons.

I'm looking to compile a list of games that don't involve using the buttons during gameplay. Clicking them to move though the screens to get to the gameplay is fine, but if you guys could post up the 'motion only' games you've played that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

this doesnt use any buttons, only between stages i think
it requires movement of the wrist though, is that possible? (im guessing so because hes played tennis right?)
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2jrhlTvW1uU[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Im assuming he cant move his legs?

I've seen pictures of a more disabled-friendly setup for Wii play, where someone remapped the buttons of the wiimote to pedals on the floor. Looked quite fun actually!

It can be used for games such as wii play and several of the wiisports ones.

Some of the games on wii play dont require any buttons, like horse riding, hockey, fishing, ping pong, and matching people thing

zfichisal said:
Some of the games on wii play dont require any buttons, like horse riding, hockey, fishing, ping pong, and matching people thing

I've heard the horse riding game is terrible though. DO NOT BUY IT!

FRuMMaGe said:
I've heard the horse riding game is terrible though. DO NOT BUY IT!
haha you tired it didnt you but your prolly too afraid to admit hahahah im just joking with you well anyway in a more serious note you should try out that marble game it looks really fun actually

Another reason why Wii has the edge over competitors...

Fishing games, etc.? I'm not sure, sorry to say that most all games involve button pressing. Wii Play as well, it's a bunch of mini-games that I've heard are pretty fun. And this Marble game everyone is talking about.

Go to Gamestop, the people there will be more than happy to help. :)

ssbb_lover said:
Go to Gamestop, the people there will be more than happy to help. :)
Right after they ask you to reserve a copy of every game coming out within the next few months.

Seriously though, Wii play requires no buttons for some games, I don't think Mercury Meltdown does, and this Marble game that people are talking about (seriously I haven't even heard of it).

Back