Wii in Australia thread

Sam_Harris

Jul 29, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
8426-6514-9175-8079
this is a thread about all Wii related new in Australia first all Wii IGN Australia has got there Wii heres some pictures and we get a full case for Wii Sports
aussie-wii-retail-box-arrives-20061127041841729.jpg

And here a picture of the controllers boxes
aussie-wii-retail-box-arrives-20061127041831463.jpg

Also the Herald Sun is running a competition for well heres a quote
ON December 7, Nintendo launches its next-generation console, Wii and we're giving readers the chance to win a money-can't-buy prize, the chance to play Wii at Nintendo headquarters in Melbourne.

Winners will be treated to hours of gameplay at Nintendo HQ where they'll be among the first in the country to play with the new console and some of the most anticipated Will launch titles.

For a chance to win, click here.*Subject is Wii contest*

Don’t forget to include your name, address and a daytime phone number. Please note that this contest is only open to residents of Australia and closes at midnight on Thursday, November 30.

Also, please note, winners are responsible for travel to and from the venue. Good luck!

Entry is limited to one per person, but feel free to send the link to friends and family. After all, you’ve got to be in it to win it!

Please note, this competition is only open to residents of Australia.

I've entered and also if you pop around to the Nintendo site there got some Wii package competition and also one for the highly anticipated bratz diamonds.

well thats all the Aussie news I know of you got anything post here

Discuss........I SAID DISCUSS:mad5:

P.S I just saw the Wii advert during Comedy Inc and for some reason I got so excited anyone else seen it I hate the voice over though
Edit:Found a Youtube of the ad
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XczSBIMvjsw[/MEDIA]

Edit(2): Found some info on Toys R Us Midnight launch
thumb_4_45.jpg

thumb_6_33.jpg

Edit(3)not really Wii related but Nintendo has a competition to win pokemon ranger (which comes on December 7th)

Last edited:
Cool good idea i was thinking myself of starting a thread for Auzzies.
But no havn't seen the add, i don't get much time to watch TV and from next Thursday i don't think ill be watching tv for a while

What the hell! The US's Wiisports didn't come in a hard case, it came in a little paper folder.

Heres a video of it ill edit my post to include it
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XczSBIMvjsw[/MEDIA]
What the hell! The US's Wiisports didn't come in a hard case, it came in a little paper folder.
Hehe I know

Last edited:
^Hahhaha! They made that commercial with like $7 and a Wiimote.

i thought I would bump this thread since all the OMG i want a Wii threads have pushed out of view of the first page

Wii comes out in roughly 7 days now only a week to go can't wait....
Where is every aussie on here getting their wii from Toys r Us for me

Getting mine from eb cause well its a games shop not a toy shop lol and it actually 7 days 4 hours 45 minutes and 5 seconds

Edit:Is it just me or is other people expecting a major overhaul of the Aussie Nintendo site when the Wii is launched

Last edited:
im ordering mine from myers...

get a free game and some coupons, the game is crap, coupons are decent.. so ill buy a few games with em..

Im getting mine from Toys R Us also, wondering about what free game, as it appears NFS:C has been delayed to 14th Dec. Lets hope not...

um.. i dont think there are any free games with Toyrs r us.. unless you mean the package with zelda and nfs

edit:

i just checked yea there is a free game now

wii.ndi said:
im ordering mine from myers...

get a free game and some coupons, the game is crap, coupons are decent.. so ill buy a few games with em..
Have you got the myers one card cause you don't get the free game and if you order now you will get 4x4 instead of GT pro because they haven't got enough stock for them to fill all the orders

Last edited:
I mean the one where you signed up and got a FREE game. Its over now, but it did exsist. I can get proof if wanted ;)

And to SIR SAM_HARRIS- Thanks. Now I need a card. And Im under 18. Quick, to my mother!

Back