Wii-kly Update: Two New Classic Games Added to Wii Shop Channel

Kenji510

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wii Online Code
8193-4915-4160-2184
Let’s take a quick personality test. Are you the type of person who likes to solve problems by analyzing clues, collecting information and methodically reaching your goal? Or are you more the type to thrust a double-footed kick into someone’s face and follow it with a few body blows? Your answers to those questions should help you decide which popular game to choose this week.

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

ADVENTURES OF LOLO 2 (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Lolo and Lala are back in this sequel to the popular puzzle game THE ADVENTURES OF LOLO. On their return from the Haunted Castle, the Great Devil kidnaps Lala and challenges Lolo to rescue her again. Now he must take on the challenge of the Great Devil’s Tower and Castle mazes. Fortunately, Lala was able to analyze each of the mazes as she was taken to the tower and left clues in the Jewel Boxes in each room. Each Jewel that Lolo collects contains information that will help him in the next room. In order to succeed, he’ll also have to push tiles, pick up Heart Framers, temporarily turn enemies into Eggs with his Magic Shots and ward off enemy attacks by moving Emerald Framers. With your help, Lolo and Lala will work together to escape the Great Devil’s clutches and defeat him.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER™ II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen – Violence, 800 Wii Points): When SUPER STREET FIGHTER II: THE NEW CHALLENGERS debuted, the fighting-game genre was forever changed. Along with a revolutionary combo system, the game introduced a new set of challengers to fight alongside the original Street Fighter II cast. In addition to the classic characters of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison, take control of four brand-new characters in exciting head-to-head fighting game play. Choose T. Hawk and his unmatched strength to crush your opponents, use Deejay’s unrivaled kickboxing ability to defeat your opponents, unleash your inner dragon with the furious kung fu of Fei Long and drill your rivals with the deadly beauty of Cammy. Get ready for the Street Fighter tournament and the fight of your life.

More info here: http://gonintendo.com/?p=33692#more-33692

These are for this monday? aww man neither of my predictions was right. coulda sworn an n64 title was coming out this week. alright well thanks for the heads up, and nice opening paragraph, i like the personal imput instead of the straight copy and paste threads for these. I dont think im gonna purchase either of these, but i wont ***** cuz there not as horrible as the ones we've seen before. 2 games a week is still a bummer tho

Meh to heck with Super street fighter 2
Where are the good Neogeo fighters ?

lame VC games...

I already have both of those on my PC (don't ask!)
When are they going to start coming out with the REALLY GOOD games, I'm going to wait awhile before I buy any more points...

These titles they are releasing are from the first seasons the systems were launched!!!!!

Hate hate hate,do you guys have nothing better to do? Why are you never happy? The games you want will come, just have some bloody patience.

D Twizzle said:
Hate hate hate,do you guys have nothing better to do? Why are you never happy? The games you want will come, just have some bloody patience.

uh, dont be such a Nintendo nut jocker.........they release 3 shitty games a week for a year, and out of that year they release 3 different street fighters? We know they are ****ing us......that makes me very angry.....

There are some good games sure, but nintendo needs their ass beat for this SFII bullshit.

Conan the Librarian said:
uh, dont be such a Nintendo nut jocker.........they release 3 shitty games a week for a year, and out of that year they release 3 different street fighters? We know they are ****ing us......that makes me very angry.....

There are some good games sure, but nintendo needs their ass beat for this SFII bullshit.
They have released classics, all the Zeldas except 1, the whole set of Marios platform games except 1. Then theres all the amazing N64 games and whats wrong with Street Fighters, back in the day that was the greatest game ever made. I remember playing it in the arcade and then finally getting it home was the best thing ever.

I think you guys sit in front of the PC for three hours before the virtual console annoucement refreshing ever 10 seconds with your fingers crossed chanting Smash Brothers, Smash Brothers.

Gamejunkie said:
When are they going to start coming out with the REALLY GOOD games, I'm going to wait awhile before I buy any more points...

These titles they are releasing are from the first seasons the systems were launched!!!!!

So your sayin that theres not any good games on the VC allready ?

D Twizzle said:
They have released classics, all the Zeldas except 1, the whole set of Marios platform games except 1. Then theres all the amazing N64 games and whats wrong with Street Fighters, back in the day that was the greatest game ever made. I remember playing it in the arcade and then finally getting it home was the best thing ever.

I think you guys sit in front of the PC for three hours before the virtual console annoucement refreshing ever 10 seconds with your fingers crossed chanting Smash Brothers, Smash Brothers.

Blah Blah, look, I have two pages full of VC, im aware there are good games, ive spent some money.......

Are you joking? do you not even know what im talking about and just replying? They release SFII for $8, then SFII Turbo for 8$ 3 months later, then they release SSFII for 8$ a few months later. If you dont see the fact that they are ripping people off when they could release at least Turbo first, and then, I dont know, 2 different games.......I shouldnt have to explain this, im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.

Im not a Smash Brothers Pussy.......I actually punch my dog in the face every time Golden Eye, Smash Brothers, and Mario RPG get brought up.....Im more of a 1985-1993 man myself.

Are you joking? do you not even know what im talking about and just replying? They release SFII for $8, then SFII Turbo for 8$ 3 months later, then they release SSFII for 8$ a few months later. If you dont see the fact that they are ripping people off when they could release at least Turbo first, and then, I dont know, 2 different games.......I shouldnt have to explain this, im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.

Well I havent goten a SF 2 game since I emulated it (I do own the carts to them)

But heres fair
Wii get - Fatal fury
360 get - Fatal fury Special with extras granted its not the best in the fatal fury games but its better than the first

Its a shame that Nintendo want to realse games it the correct order (it will be some time till King of the fighters 98 unless they realese the remake some ware out side Japan)

im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.

Agreed. There's already a sick amount of 2D and 3D fighter's out there, we have neo geo fighters that look like and play the same. But we know Nintendo's strategy - They will release all of your favorite games in the last year of Wii's life, pinching every cent out of those games 99% of people wouldn't download. I'm so bored with the VC's selection that I have to comtemplate buying games like bubble bobble and excitebike. Give me a break!

Somewhere in that 1% though, there's someone who downloaded all the street fighters, people went bonkers for those games in the early 90's

skidmarx said:
Agreed. There's already a sick amount of 2D and 3D fighter's out there, we have neo geo fighters that look like and play the same. But we know Nintendo's strategy - They will release all of your favorite games in the last year of Wii's life, pinching every cent out of those games 99% of people wouldn't download. I'm so bored with the VC's selection that I have to comtemplate buying games like bubble bobble and excitebike. Give me a break!

Hang on (not the game)
You buy games you dont realy want ?

Are you loaded (Not the game) or something ?

Darkprinny said:
Hang on (not the game)
You buy games you dont realy want ?

Are you loaded (Not the game) or something ?

Well sort of. I bought Starfox 64 wanting Super Nintendo Starfox. I bought Super C while wanting the original Contra instead. And instead of Super Tecmo Bowl (the game we all rave about) I have to get not so good Temco Bowl as a replacement. That's how Nintendo pinches, by getting us to buy the versions of games we don't really want.

btw I'm not loaded! it's all about the coffee!

Back