Wii-kly Update: Two New Classic Games Added to Wii Shop Channel

skidmarx said:
Well sort of. I bought Starfox 64 wanting Super Nintendo Starfox. I bought Super C while wanting the original Contra instead. And instead of Super Tecmo Bowl (the game we all rave about) I have to get not so good Temco Bowl as a replacement. That's how Nintendo pinches, by getting us to buy the versions of games we don't really want.

btw I'm not loaded! it's all about the coffee!

I just wait
Beein a UK gamer means wii have to wait (sometimes like in the case of King of the fighters Maximum Impact 2 we got it about six mounths ago where as the US has had it for over a year)
And wait
And wait
Then sod it get the console chiped (or use one of them converter things in the case of cart based consoles)and buy the import or wait

There are a few games that will cause you to tear your hair out. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Super Mario Brothers All Stars, Street Fighter Anthology, Mega Man Collection, and a few other well know games. All these games have 3-10 games on a single format, and anyone who bought them individually would feel the financial burn. Before buying any great game, do your research.

Next game? Super Street Fighter II Turbo. VC will probably get this game too, on which format? No idea.

Last edited:
sagema said:
There are a few games that will cause you to tear your hair out. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Super Mario Brothers All Stars, Street Fighter Anthology, Mega Man Collection, and a few other well know games. All these games have 3-10 games on a single format, and anyone who bought them individually would feel the financial burn. Before buying any great game, do your research.

Next game? Super Street Fighter II Turbo. VC will probably get this game too, on which format? No idea.

Only format in came out on back in the day was the 3DO, as far as I'm aware.

Oh yes, and here's some more games for everyone to check out before they go wasting their money: Sonic Mega Collection, Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, Capcom Classics Collection (volumes 1&2), and the excellent Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Collection.

skidmarx said:
Well sort of. I bought Starfox 64 wanting Super Nintendo Starfox. I bought Super C while wanting the original Contra instead. And instead of Super Tecmo Bowl (the game we all rave about) I have to get not so good Temco Bowl as a replacement. That's how Nintendo pinches, by getting us to buy the versions of games we don't really want.

btw I'm not loaded! it's all about the coffee!

I know i know it sucks, and i turn on my wii every monday morning hopeing for a sweet game to be on the VC shop channel. But most times this doesnt happen. Your theory of pinching the money out of us is very viable. see, you can whine and complain and say nintendo sucks(not saying you are, you as in general you haha) but really they dont suck. there just being a smart, business and profit focused company. Just like they should be. so it sucks for us, but honestly seems to me like the people behind these VC releases are smarter than it seems, and the "random" VC's we get each week might not be so random at all.

that being said, i hope we get super smash bros next week! haha sorry my librarian

Last edited:
Conan the Librarian said:
Blah Blah, look, I have two pages full of VC, im aware there are good games, ive spent some money.......

Are you joking? do you not even know what im talking about and just replying? They release SFII for $8, then SFII Turbo for 8$ 3 months later, then they release SSFII for 8$ a few months later. If you dont see the fact that they are ripping people off when they could release at least Turbo first, and then, I dont know, 2 different games.......I shouldnt have to explain this, im sure 99% of you agree with me on the SFII shananigans.

Im not a Smash Brothers Pussy.......I actually punch my dog in the face every time Golden Eye, Smash Brothers, and Mario RPG get brought up.....Im more of a 1985-1993 man myself.
What would be the point in releasing the last one first, You can apreciate the series more when you buy each one. I don't blame Capcom for releasing them in order, it's a good excuse to remember SF2 without playing as the bosses.

Well Super Street Fighter II Challengers will do for me since i like fighting games especially capcom too.

D Twizzle said:
What would be the point in releasing the last one first, You can apreciate the series more when you buy each one. I don't blame Capcom for releasing them in order, it's a good excuse to remember SF2 without playing as the bosses.

ok ok, I see your point of view. Releasing things in a chronological order would seem to make sense..... (by the way, I just wanted Turbo first, since it is essentially the same game as championship edition, plus the 4 bosses.......when we go up into the higher sequals, well, the game changes at least a little...everyone knew therefore that SFII Turbo would be the most popular and most demanded) so I didnt necessarily want the last one, or care about any chronological order, just the one that was most popular, Turbo.....you mentioned something about liking the arcade game so much, well, that would be turbo....with the 4 bosses....the more popular one. I almost bought championship b/c I didnt know when Turbo would come.

but try to follow my point of view....are they going to release every version of any of their software they've produced???? that doesnt make sense and thats what they are doing.....I cant even think of an example to back myself up, because street fighter is the best example i can think of......oh well, glad I waited for turbo, too bad I didnt wait longer for Super SFII.

Or you can wait for Street Fighter alpha 2
Lol at the announcer
STREET FIGHTER ZALHPA 2 (Reison why its funny for dumies - In Japan the Street figher Alpha games are called Street fighter Zero)

Was Super Street figher 2 turbo on the SNES ?

Napalmbrain said:
Oh yes, and here's some more games for everyone to check out before they go wasting their money: Sonic Mega Collection, Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, Capcom Classics Collection (volumes 1&2), and the excellent Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Collection.

Just found out there's going to be an SNK collection out soon for PS2/PSP, with almost all the Neo Geo games currently on VC.

:wtf:
skidmarx said:
Agreed. There's already a sick amount of 2D and 3D fighter's out there, we have neo geo fighters that look like and play the same. But we know Nintendo's strategy - They will release all of your favorite games in the last year of Wii's life, pinching every cent out of those games 99% of people wouldn't download. I'm so bored with the VC's selection that I have to comtemplate buying games like bubble bobble and excitebike. Give me a break!

Somewhere in that 1% though, there's someone who downloaded all the street fighters, people went bonkers for those games in the early 90's
Ya...I'm that Dip sht that bought all three. well two and soon the third, and its nice because me and my bro play SF2 all the time and just when it gets old a new version comes onto VC

Jaylar said:
:wtf:
Ya...I'm that Dip sht that bought all three. well two and soon the third, and its nice because me and my bro play SF2 all the time and just when it gets old a new version comes onto VC

so essentially, you pay like 10 bucks to have your game upgraded by 4 characters every 6 months.......the bastards are good.

Napalmbrain said:
Just found out there's going to be an SNK collection out soon for PS2/PSP, with almost all the Neo Geo games currently on VC.

I think I read something about that mounths ago
But due to lack of info about what was on it I left it
Wonder what ever happend to the King of the fighters 98 remake ?

There are Neogeo games collections out for PS2 but there kinda Japan only (damn it Japan gets all the good stuff)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-70-2634.html The name makes it sound GAY
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-70-262o.html DO WANT
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-70-1xyi.html Sorta want
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-70-1xyl.html Drooles all over his keyboard

And look some are ONLINE even with sonys crappy online thing they still try

another week, another crappy 2 games out on the vc.

Blah!
Get rid of your wii then
You seem not to like any games

Back