Wii-mote speaker

chronoswing said:
Umm crappy speakers? I think not. They are the same speakers used in the ds lite and those speakers sound crisp and sexy.

They're cheap speakers dude!
I wouldnt be surprised if mine hasn't blown out yet! :lol:

WiiLink said:
I know things like Microwaves and 2.4 Ghz phones can interfere but I think that was for internet, not sure if it would also affect the Wiimote.

I've done some more searching, and it sounds like it might actually be sending the audio in that same 2.4 Ghz frequency band, which means that wireless networks, microwaves, cordless phones, and fluorescent lights are all potential sources of interference.

trebonius said:
I've done some more searching, and it sounds like it might actually be sending the audio in that same 2.4 Ghz frequency band, which means that wireless networks, microwaves, cordless phones, and fluorescent lights are all potential sources of interference.
that wouldn't explain why i play with a friend and mine crackles and his doesn't
i think there are multiple factors at hand and i think u bring up a good point but i think nintendo needs to admit that they made crappy speakers and they need to fix my damned wii-mote

surprisejimmy said:
i think nintendo needs to admit that they made crappy speakers and they need to fix my damned wii-mote

Damn right! People who say that they don't mind putting up with the crackling sounds or no sound at all from their Wii-motes are missing the point! We are all affected by video game manufacturer's penny pinching over quality control. Why should we put up with malfunctioning controllers that are barely a month old!!! If you don't complain you are taken advantage of.

What's the betting that Nintendo will ensure the problem is solved on subsequent batches of Wii-motes? I'm sure the problem will be fixed especially with Sony's PS3 on the way. However, why should we, the early adopters of the new console, the ones who are loyal Nintendo customers, have to put up with the first batch badly constructed controllers??
Nintendo should be looking after people like us. We need to stand up for ourselves, so anyone with Wii problems contact Nintendo and demand satisfaction!

Nintendo - do the right thing and admit the speakers are of poor quality and replace our Wii-motes!!

surprisejimmy said:
that wouldn't explain why i play with a friend and mine crackles and his doesn't
i think there are multiple factors at hand and i think u bring up a good point but i think nintendo needs to admit that they made crappy speakers and they need to fix my damned wii-mote

Yeah, I think there are probably at least two very different issues, both of which can be described as "crackling". However: One of my wiimotes suffers from poor/absent sound much more than the other. But if I hold the bad one very near the console, it always works flawlessly. So perhaps its transceiver or antenna is poorly tuned. Or maybe I've done some tuning myself by dropping it on the hardwood floors a few times.

All I know is that it sounded like a bad speaker but I discovered that distance played a role. One of the first clues for me was that the partial bit of sound would sometimes come through twice in exactly the same way. My hypothesis is that the sounds are sometimes cached in the wiimote's ram, and that it had a corrupted sound byte.

I know, I'm obsessing on this point, and I'll give it a rest now, but I'm just curious to see if any of you are having the same experience as me.

chronoswing said:
Umm crappy speakers? I think not. They are the same speakers used in the ds lite and those speakers sound crisp and sexy.

the speaker quality is good, the part they messed up on was the diaphragm. The speaker sounds crappy because the diaphragm is made of cheap plastic. The Ds lite does not have cheap plastic in it. It has real speaker paper. thats why when you turn it up loud it doesnt sound like shite.

Deathmetalmaster said:
the speaker quality is good, the part they messed up on was the diaphragm. The speaker sounds crappy because the diaphragm is made of cheap plastic. The Ds lite does not have cheap plastic in it. It has real speaker paper. thats why when you turn it up loud it doesnt sound like shite.
when i say cheap speaker i am not referring specifically to that bit of equipment necessarily but the setup in general, im trying not to be too technical and therefore the diaphram is included in what i am referencing
also, a side note, i filled out a thing on nintendos website and they sent me a letter with a way to ship my wiimote back to them for free, they're going to fix it
so thanks nintendo

surprisejimmy said:
i filled out a thing on nintendos website and they sent me a letter with a way to ship my wiimote back to them for free, they're going to fix it
so thanks nintendo

That's a whole lot better than Nintendo's UK customer care - they told me to ship the whole system to them and they may have it sorted out by February!!!!!. I still think they should send you a replacement rather than you wait to have it repaired though. I mean the Wii-motes are virtually new!!!! However, if there's enough of us that complain, I've a feeling that Nintendo might upgrade the speaker to a better quality one when they carry out repair and that future batches of new Wii-motes will have the better quality speakers. Just a hunch though........

Has anyone had Nintendo admit that there a a lot of faulty Wii-motes being reported?

druid said:
That's a whole lot better than Nintendo's UK customer care - they told me to ship the whole system to them and they may have it sorted out by February!!!!!. I still think they should send you a replacement rather than you wait to have it repaired though. I mean the Wii-motes are virtually new!!!! However, if there's enough of us that complain, I've a feeling that Nintendo might upgrade the speaker to a better quality one when they carry out repair and that future batches of new Wii-motes will have the better quality speakers. Just a hunch though........

Has anyone had Nintendo admit that there a a lot of faulty Wii-motes being reported?
lol on the american customer service website there's a special option for getter ur wii-mote speaker fixed that involves a different process than any other warrantee issue, i think a lot of people are complaining
and a lot more will when all the wii-motes that have been bought but are wrapped up under the christmas tree are opened and ruin thousands of families' christmas mornings with poor sound quality

Wii17 said:
i'm about to get a wii and extra remote is this only old remotes or new one too?
it is a problem that occurs sometimes in all wii-motes from launch to present as i understand it
it's not gunna stop me from buying wii-motes though
id rather play over the holidays and then send them in for warrantee once i go back to college and have no time to play wii

Back