Wii motion sensors, will this console really work?

Insyderznf

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
So I've had my wii for a few weeks now and my initial impression was wow this is a really fun console. The sports games were great, I really enjoyed them. I rented Zelda and it seemed like a fun game i'm about ten hours into it, shaking the controllers to do attacks really bugs me because the delay in registering the motion. Then I began to wonder, how quickly does the wii recognize motion and send it to the console?
If you play the bowling game you notice that when you move your hand up and down before you roll the ball there is a huge delay. Also I've noticed a decent delay in boxing. Next time you play a game think about it for a second after you throw a punch, your generally waiting for a bit of time for your character to catch up to the movement.
So how does this work in the future? We all know that for video games, especially fighting games split second action counts. With the wii it seems that split second action is not possible with the motion sensors (thankfully smash bros isn't going to use the senors). So what happens now? we end up with a system that is slightly better then a gamecube with annoying motion sensing controls. :eek:ut:

I really havent noticed any delay in the wiiremote. I may not be paying any attention, but to me it seems like its right on the timing.

Same here....it can't read everything (like the backswing in you tennis/golf swing). I've had no delay in Zelda...you sure you've got good batteries and all?

What do you mean the controller motion sticks?
It's almost simultaneous for me and my Wii.

The only thing with a delay in Zelda is if you've done a spin attack, and then try to do another before you "recharge".

I've had no delays, and I don't care. But, what do you mean "thankfully smash bros isn't going to use the senors"?

Works great for me. No delay at all. I started actually paying attention too.
Maybe your sensor bar is slightly covered?
If not, make sure there's no glossy or glassy surfaces around but your TV.

He's talking about the motion sensors actually in the Wii remote, not the sensor bar. But really, there's not much delay. Sure, there might be some delay in the milliseconds, but it's barely noticeable.

Whats he mean by "thankfully smash bros isn't going to use the senors"!?

i have to say boxing for me is bang on, and it needs to be for my style of play, as if you dodge there punch, it goes into slow mo, for a split second, and you can smack em one in the face, no delay for me :)

Kepa said:
I'm glad to know that :D
British people will know who he is.

Steve Coogan AKA. Alan Partridge = LEGEND :D

Any way ive not noticed a thing with the wiimote, only boxing but im not very good at that.

I also found that putting the Wii Sensor at the bottom of the tv hugley improved the Jitteryness (is that a word :arf:) And they way the WiiMote reacted, as it would get stuck at the top coners of my tv for some reason and i had to give it a shake to respond again.

Back