Wii Online Help

JimFleming

WiiChat Member
Jul 17, 2009
Currently have dial up. All that was offered in my area to now. Have a chance to switch to Wireless internet (through local company Reztel) Was wondering if anyone knows if this work with Wii On line? Kids want to download Rock Band songs etc. Also if so what other hardware I may need to purchase?

Thanks

You should check Nintendo website for supported ISP's (Internet Service Providers)

When you switch over to a wireless network all you will need is a modem and a router, which usually comes with the installation package if you have more than 1 computer in your house. After that it should be pretty easy connecting the wii to the internet. If you have any trouble nintendo offers some decent help.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the info. I checked Nintendo and company is not listed. But will do some asking around. If I do go ahead with wireless hope it works. :) Only really doing it so the kids can use it with Wii.

I plan to ask wireless company if they can give me any info and also sent message to someone on Facebook who may know. Add that with your help, hopefully soon my kids will be rocking out Rock Band with some downloaded tracks.

Trying to contact nintendo wouldn't be a bad idea. The ISP probababy won't be able to give you a sure answer.

I hope you do your homework before ordering wireless. Reztel Wireless is generally a satellite broadband ISP.
Satellite no matter how fast it is rarely works on the Wii ( see your owners manual).

Follow the link XogameroX provided to the "what you need to get online" it explains this.
GL

Wireless broadband is different than broadband to which you can use a wireless router on. I hate to see you get hooked up to find out it wont work. They may have broadband at the ISP but they send it to your tower which usually has to be by satellite. Common in rural areas where the lines have not been laid for ethernet/dsl/fiber optic. I could not even get online with satellite much less play a game. I was pi**ed!! If you have a home phone try googling dsl for your town. You would be surprised to find ISP that you never heard of. DSL via home phone is very fast and I preferred that to my Cable internet now. But Cable is all there is and satellite. SBC yahoo and AT&T are 2 that I know of offering DSL via phone.

Last edited:
Says wireless broadband service. 1.0 Mbps speed bursts, 255 Kb sustained speeds. Sent email to Nintendo via link provided but got no reply as of yet. Have been told KOS wireless provider works and Reztel is the same technology. But waiting to get some form of info from Nintendo first. If I had a router to try I could find out. Neighbour just got Reztel. Subscriber module is what they will install at my house. Tower is about 100 ft away. So nervous now about going ahead. Plan to call Reztel customer service Monday and see if they can help me with any info. Special right now is no contract, so can cancel after 30 days at no extra cost. Thanks to you both for all your help.

Hope all goes well, if not, is there any other ISP that you could choose from that is supported?

Because we live outside of the city, the only option besides dial up from Bell Canada is Reztel. Xplornet is not here yet and they are listed as a not working ISP on Nintendo. So nice to live outside of city but it sure has limits.

DSL via phone is something I searched and came up with no option for my area

Its times like this I was more technical. DSL and all that is like mad science to me. I am assuming it won't work.

www.reztel.net

Again thanks for all the help. If I ever get it work my kids will be greatful

Back