Wii Playing DVD's through Homebrew app?

bmuc1017

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2008
Does anyone know about this "homebrew app" that allows the Wii to play DVD's? I was reading some comments on IGN and someone mentioned this. If this app is available, how do you get it?

Use google to find out as we cant talk of such things on here

why can't people talk about homebrew? it's not piracy...
Its a legal mine field
There are things that you are allowed to do (ie DVD play back,home made games) and there things you cant do (Emulation, play copy's)
Plus Nintendo hate the Homebrew channel as it lets us UK people play imports

these topics get shot-down too soon. i've intervened in similar threads in the past.

like any thread, as long as they stay on topic it's fine. members will report posts that take the thread off topic.

I looked it up on google and it seems like a very difficult process. Is it?

no. just follow the steps. pretty easy.
you do have to have an SD card, Twilight Princess, and the interweb.

I don't get the obsession with having the wii play dvds, seems like a lot of trouble for nothing.

I don't get the obsession with having the wii play dvds, seems like a lot of trouble for nothing.

I'm one of the very few people that doesn't have a dvd player next to my Wii so I'll probably end up homebrewing eventually.

you do it because you can... not not always would hacks be adopted it as the primary substitute... depends on a lot of things and the person. a non-intrusive hack compared to a mod.

i open every piece of electronics i own... i dunno why..
exceptions; ipod shuffle, wii, blackberry, bluetooth mouse, etc..

its a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a DVD player.
<Has seen a DVD player for a fiver

Even the smallest of SDs cards are a bit dearer than that

But I just use my computer

i use my wii to watch movies a fair bit. broke ass students can't afford stuff that many people think are cheap.

If only everybody did that first they would find loads of helpfull guides

1. google isnt that great (sorry, i'm not a fan, will use on occasion if i need a second opinion compared to other search engines)
2. quite a few people dont know how to search (they just dont know how to word it or dont know exaclty what they are looking for. people need to learn how to utilize the net better)
3. the internet does not have EVERYTHING (yes it does have alomst everything, but i've come up empty on a few things)

Back