Wii Points pricing structure

woops, sorry for the bad grammar but I'm just so angry at people because they're complaining about the price that was already been told to them for about 5-6 months.

yea, i don't get why we have to pay for the opera browser since you can download and install it on your pc for free.

Supermariomp3 said:
yea, i don't get why we have to pay for the opera browser since you can download and install it on your pc for free.

Yes, but your PC isn't in your living room is it? I think having a browser on the Wii completes the already sweet package.

I agree...the prices are a little expensive >.< I can see myself blowing loads of money on them cause they're sooo easy to download !

Im not exactly sure how you would purchase the points though... I also wonder if you will be able to win points in games. That would be cool, like in tournaments on some games they could give away points, that would be sweet!

I fell sorry for the people from Europe, sorry for that they have to get all very expensive :O maybe all is because the Euro.

Here's The USA/Australia VC game pricing:
• NES - 500 Wii Points = US$5 = AU$6.95
• SNES - 800 Wii Points = US$8 = AU$9.95
• N64 - 1000 Wii Points = US$10 = AU$12.95

DarkDepths said:
Im not exactly sure how you would purchase the points though... I also wonder if you will be able to win points in games. That would be cool, like in tournaments on some games they could give away points, that would be sweet!

From what i understand, there will be two ways of purchasing points.

The probably easier way is to do it online with a credit card. you will probably go online, fill in a form. They will take your money and send nice virtual money straight to your wii.
Secondly, and the way i will probably do things, is to buy a '2000 point' pack from a shop, and (i imagine) enter some sort of code on an internet site etc.

However entering a code could lead to people inserting random numbers?
Maybe points could be bought on a very small SD card? literally only enough memory to hold the code, and the programming etc. This code would be entered straight into the wii perhaps?

EDIT: Maybe you could put an average SD card into your computer, download the code after filling out a form etc, and then take that SD card to put into your wii?

Either way, im sure nintendo will make it nice and easy for us.

Last edited:
I'm new here, so hi everyone.

I felt this was a good topic to make my first post in. I really don't understand what all the hard feelings are about concerning the price of everything. The Wii itself is going to be $250. Granted, the VC games might seem a little costly at first, however we all have the option to not buy any. If we wish to, we get several hours of fun playing old school games (that have set standards for modern day games) for much cheaper then it would be to try relive it through each respective system (finding the game at some pawn shop, online, then having to find the system, etc.) As far as Opera is concerned, like another member said, the internet on your TV. I don't know about ya'll, but my TV is definately better then any of the monitors I have.

All in all, everything added together, it's still not a bad price if you really think about everything you are getting.

nintendo is great, but its still a company. it needs to make money. they used points so that the prices dont seem much. i think its a little much for nes games but n64 seems reasonable.

Back