Wii pricedrop?

not that i know of i think they wont do it for a while though but when they do it might be only like $20 but hey its a drop.but thats just what i think.here in illionis its still hard to get a wii.I would say try ebay or something you might be able to get a better price.

Last edited:
Im thinking about buying one very soon but I was originally going to hold out until a price drop.But I don't think I can wait!

wiigame said:
Im thinking about buying one very soon but I was originally going to hold out until a price drop.But I don't think I can wait!
i see your point.when i first played wii it was like i played it my whole life i had to get it and i did.(last sentence doesn't really make sence)

A price drop would be a move to boost sales once they start drooping. Basically what Sony did with the PS3. Since Nintendo can't even come close to meeting production demand at the current price point, there's no business logic for them to drop the price.

So no, I doubt you'll be seeing a price drop anytime soon. You'll have to wait until Wiis are sitting on the shelves and not selling.

Scince there probably wont be a price drop soon,Ill just have too fork over the $250.Im gonna start calling to see where I can get one.

I doubt there will be. They have no reason to drop it. They have no competition in the same price range. So unless MS drops the 360's price then I doubt the Wii's will drop.

Sremick said:
A price drop would be a move to boost sales once they start drooping. Basically what Sony did with the PS3. Since Nintendo can't even come close to meeting production demand at the current price point, there's no business logic for them to drop the price.

So no, I doubt you'll be seeing a price drop anytime soon. You'll have to wait until Wiis are sitting on the shelves and not selling.
Sony didn't drop the price to boost sales even though it did. They dropped the price because they are going to discontinue the 60GB and sell the 80GB at the same price. They will actually be losing less money on the 80GB though since it won't have the Emotion Engine.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
I doubt there will be. They have no reason to drop it. They have no competition in the same price range. So unless MS drops the 360's price then I doubt the Wii's will drop.

Sony didn't drop the price to boost sales even though it did. They dropped the price because they are going to discontinue the 60GB and sell the 80GB at the same price. They will actually be losing less money on the 80GB though since it won't have the Emotion Engine.

Even is MS drops theirs I don't see the Wii following them and sony, I mean its just the console is already $289 or whatever, what would they drop it by 50 or 100, thatd be too much I would say, so no I don't see a price drop for the coming just yet. Hasn't even been out for a year yet.

there no way they going to have a price drop soon people could barely find it now so they have no reason to drop the price that just what i think

CantGetAWii said:
Even is MS drops theirs I don't see the Wii following them and sony, I mean its just the console is already $289 or whatever, what would they drop it by 50 or 100, thatd be too much I would say, so no I don't see a price drop for the coming just yet. Hasn't even been out for a year yet.
But the price is a huge reason why they sell so well. If the 360 was the same price then they would probably sell much less.

paintba||er said:

But the price is a huge reason why they sell so well. If the 360 was the same price then they would probably sell much less.

Maybe but I mean the 360 is not that bad of a price already, both systems are doing fine sales wise, I just don't see it happening.

paintba||er said:

ya, probably not.

see, there's a different market for the wii than the 360. soccer moms and the like as well as hardcore gamers compared to 13 year old kids and 24 year old losers who live in their parents basement,

k, a little stereotypical, but seeing as how Ninty actually makes money when they sell a console and its still sold-out everywhere, it doesnt matter what the other consoles are priced at, Ninty isnt gonna drop the Wiis price.

bottom line.

Back