Wii Processor?

BRYGUY

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2008
Acording tho the Nintendo Wii Wiki. The Wii comes with either of the two processors listed below.

CPU: PowerPC-based "Broadway" processor, made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, reportedly† clocked at 729 MHz[56]
-or-
GPU: ATI "Hollywood" GPU made with a 90 nm CMOS process,[57] reportedly† clocked at 243 MHz[56]

I plan on buying a wii. How do i tell what processor is in the wii that i am buying.

Perhaps by lot# or serial# etc.

they are both in it, one is a central processing unit, the other the graphics processing unit. much like a computer, you will have a main cpu (usually a Pentium X or AMD something) and a graphics card that processes the graphics.

One is the CPU (the brains) and the other makes the funny colors on the screen. You get a whole lot of other chip toys too! I was so hoping this was a chip discussion... too bad.. good luck finding one!

It may seem really poor for a pc but it's powerful enough for a console! U can run graphics almost three times better than a PS 2.

Hylian said:
It may seem really poor for a pc but it's powerful enough for a console! U can run graphics almost three times better than a PS 2.
True but there are PS2 games that looks better than what we have on the Wii right now.

Evi1d33d said:
True but there are PS2 games that looks better than what we have on the Wii right now.

There were some PS1 games that looked better than some N64 games too but what about Goldeneye or Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooei or Mario Kart? We just have to be patient!!

Back