Wii RPG's

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Okami Wii

The original Okami, a PS2 exclusive, was a hit with Kristan. He slapped a big fat ten on the end of his review, highlighting the "wonderfully original combat" and "the most adorable art style ever seen as a videogame". Okami, he reckoned, was "not just one of the most consistently engaging action adventures we've played, but one that feels utterly unique in many ways that matter".

It was also a big hit with the rest of the Internet - to such an extent that Capcom listened to demand and agreed to produce a Wii version. There's not too much longer to wait now with the game due to arrive on 25th March.

For those who aren't familiar, Okami tells the story of a mythical sun god who sets out to battle evil by commanding the elements. The game is inspired by Japanese folklore and calligraphy. In the Wii version, you'll wave the remote about like a paintbrush to defeat enemies and solve puzzles.

Clover Studio has been disbanded since the original Okami. The port is being handled by Ready at Dawn, the studio founded by former Naughty Dog employees a few years ago. They did the excellent Daxter, so hopes are high for this one.

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Dragon Quest Swords: Etc. is an on-rails RPG with a first-person perspective. The story revolves around a 16-year-old boy who must complete a trial of strength to earn the title of warrior and respect of girls. Attacking, parrying and blocking is done by swinging the Wii remote about like a sword.

Series creator Yuji Hori is in charge once again, while manga artist Akira Toriyama and composer Koichi Sugiyama have also contributed. Apparently the "international version" of DQS features "revised gameplay, offering a more intense and challenging experience".

Simon got to play the game last May and described the experience as "mostly fun, if shallow". He also warned, "Whether Swords is able to evangelise the series further afield to Western players (most of whom do not have any benign nostalgia toward the series) seems perhaps unlikely." Oh. We'll see if he's right when the game is released this spring.

Source

Please update this list if you know of any others!

Released...

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Alien Syndrome
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Upcoming...
Okami
Dragon Quest Swords
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
King's Story
Fragile
Monster Hunter 3
Opoona
Chocobo's Dungeon
Baroque
Harvest Moon
Mysterious Dungeon
Tales of Symphonia

Last edited:
I remember getting a free copy of Dragon Warrior back in the 90's when my friend gave me a Nintendo Power sub for my birthday... good times.

I'll be picking the new Dragon Warrior up, Monster Hunter 3, FF more than likely, and possibly Baroque.

Frog said:
Please update this list if you know of any others!

Released...

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Alien Syndrome
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I wouldn't call Zelda TP an RPG. It's actually adventure, in my opinion.
Same for Radiant Dawn, I would rather call it Strategy, not RPG.

westearth said:
I wouldn't call Zelda TP an RPG. It's actually adventure, in my opinion.
Same for Radiant Dawn, I would rather call it Strategy, not RPG.
Action-RPG(Zelda), Strategy-RPG(Fire Emblem)...they are still RPGs.

Zelda isn't really an rpg. you can't stat build or anything. i would put super paper mario closer to RPG than zelda.

Frog said:
Action-RPG(Zelda), Strategy-RPG(Fire Emblem)...they are still RPGs.

zelda games are action adventure games. they arent rpgs. please dont make me define an rpg game to you, ive done it sooo many times before.:sick:

legend of dragoon was THE greatest rpg on the ps one imo. there was rumored to have been a sequel in production quite a few years back (when ps2's were all the rage), but i guess it was just speculation.

AoWFraggit said:
legend of dragoon was THE greatest rpg on the ps one imo. there was rumored to have been a sequel in production quite a few years back (when ps2's were all the rage), but i guess it was just speculation.

what about the one on the wii is that just a port?

Back