wii sports problem

shydianna

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
So i've been playing sports since xmas with no problem. I have 2 remotes.
TODAY when i try to play with 2 remotes the game keeps freezing when loading. It's happening on every game= bowling, tennis, golf, etc. BUT if i play one player with one remote it works fine! NO issues.
I have no idea what the problem is? I'm able to have 2 controllers on the main menu, but when i enter a game with both remotes on it keeps freezing. Reset won't work, the remotes don't respond, it just stops.
I restart, go to wii menu, can shop, go to news, but i try to play with more then one person and the wii sports STOPS.
Is this a console problem or a remote problem? Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?
~ShyDi~

do you have another multiplayer game to try out?

(to see if you get the problem with 2 remotes again..)

also just a quick thing, have you tried clearing the remotes sync, just as a possible quick fix? (hold the red sync button on the wii itself, then re-synch each remote in turn)

I think that is a disc problem. Check your disc or try your wiimotes with another multiplayer game. I have two wiimotes and Wii sports too but i never had a problem like this.

I KNEW I would get great suggestions here! Thanks for all the input! Here's what i did incase anyone else has this happen.

I checked disc, it looks new, no scratches visible, cleaned it anyway. Could play 1 player with 1 remote no problem, STILL had game freeze with 2 remotes.

Turned off, unplugged everything, waited 10 minutes then turned it back on. RESYNCED BOTH remotes, went to sports and it WORKED!! I could play 2,3,4 player with both remotes! NO FREEZE!!
So far so good. Hopefully it was just the remotes causing a conflict?
I only have Zelda and wii sports, but the suggestion to try another multi player game was good! I'll have to get one! Any suggestions?
Thanks for all the help,
~ShyDianna~

Back