Wii Stolen

Trotter4

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2007
I ordered a Wii from woolworths and they stupidly left it in my recycle bin because i wasn't in and it got stolen. Do you think if i contacted nintendo do you think they would be able to supply me with a replacement?

I don't think that's going to work with Nintendo. The problem is between you and Woolworth's, you're going to have to take it up with them. I must say I have never heard a story like this before -- the recycling bin, wow.

yeah anno its a disgrace and i have spoken to woolworths and they are only offering me my money back and saying they dont have any more consoles when i was wanting a replacement console so i was wondering if i explained the story to nintendo they might be able to supply another nintendo wii to woolworths for me

Sorry to hear about your Wii.

If you tried to connect with Nintendo, they will only give you sympathy and nothing more, if you dont want your money back, then get woolies to "Re-Order" their stock in on the Wii's and when they do, you get yours back.

My only suggestion of help, sorry to hear dude, and right before christmas.

Thanks,
D4L_Wii

Nintendo is a very busy company. They're probably busy sending WIIs too BEST BUY and WALMART. I don't think NINTENDO will supply one specificly for you. You're going to have to wait for another.

^ That is true. What has happened to the Christmas spirit?

Fire Flower said:
I really hope that you get another WII. The person who put it in the recycling should be fired.

Mhmm, that's like.. the dumbest thing someone could do! How about the other guys who work in WoolsWorth? Did they say anything about that? I mean, come on! That's not fair at all. You probably have been waiting foreverrrr for your Wii to come in. Lame..

Trotter4 said:
I ordered a Wii from woolworths and they stupidly left it in my recycle bin because i wasn't in and it got stolen. Do you think if i contacted nintendo do you think they would be able to supply me with a replacement?

Those sneaky bast**** :mad: !!!! They probably put it in your recycle bin on purpose so it would get stolen so you would have to buy another one from them

wiifan123 said:
Those sneaky bast**** :incazzato:!!!! They probably put it in your recycle bin on purpose so it would get stolen so you would have to buy another one from them

On second thought, they probably never put it in the recycling bin (who the heck does that). The delivery guy probably has your Wii for himself or has it up on Ebay. I hope Woolworth makes this up to you, they should give you some free accessories or games for their error.

Trotter4 said:

I would take them up on their offer for your money back and work on finding your own replacement. You could contact Nintendo, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle. You could get your money back and buy another Wii by the time Nintendo sent you a new one.

Usually high priced items like that require a signature on delivery or they'll usually just take them back to the depot. Have you checked with your neighbours, perhaps the delivery guy tried them when he got no answer?

davesawyer said:
I would take them up on their offer for your money back and work on finding your own replacement. You could contact Nintendo, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle. You could get your money back and buy another Wii by the time Nintendo sent you a new one.
Agreed. Try to get the Wii from somewhere else.:p

@i0n-That's what I was thinking, I dont think he would just leave somethhng so expensive in a rubbish bin. Perhaps this was an elaborate lie to keep the Wii for himself (or his kids, w/e) He would make up some sort of bogus lie in that case.

Yea, check next door or something, if you're not in they either leave a note saying to pick it up from the nearest post office, or they give it to your neighbour asking them to sign something and then you get it from your neighbour... Either that or it hasn't been delivered.

Who delivered it? No matter if it was FedEx, UPS, or even the Postal Service, they are responsible for these kinds of matters. The relative low value of the console pretty much guarantees you that you can get them to give you the full value of the system back as every shipment is insured, typically up to $500 at least. Talk to the shipper or talk to Woolworths to find out shipper delivered it to the house and if they allowed for a no-signature delivery.

Back