Wii U is Here! Did You Get Yours Yet?!

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-4-picture10683-wii-u-launch-miis.JPG

Finally the day all Nintendo fans have been waiting for has arrived! Wii U is here, and it’s the first new home video game system in six years.

“Wii U is an ‘everyday’ connected device – offering a combination of games, entertainment, online connectivity and social activity that will make people want to interact with it daily,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “Never before have so many features been packed into one game console, at any price. Our substantial lineup of games offered at launch has something for everyone on your shopping list.”

There are more than 30 games available immediately, which is the largest launch lineup in Nintendo history. Nintendo-published games include New Super Mario Bros. and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge. Third party launch games include ZombiU and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

As you can imagine, Nintendo held lots of special events to celebrate the launch of the Wii U, with possibly the best of the lot being a Mii invasion in New York City, where Miis descended on Nintendo World, getting up to all sorts, including trying to hail a cab and inviting fans in New York City to the Wii U midnight launch. They even joined in the lines waiting to buy the new console!

Source: Nintendo

Yes I did, and played some ZombiU last night. I love the game and I love the new hardware :)

¬_¬

What games have ya been enjoyin'? If any of 'em have online connectivity, how were said online interactions?

If you're currently sittin' on the loose cash t' actually purchase a Wii U, I'd say there're plenty'a A-class titles that'l come out within a year from now that not only merit a purchase, but practically demand it. :lol: Like hell I'd be able t' wait two years.

Not t' mention SSB4 could possibly be delayed past 2014. Ya remember what happened t' Brawl, yeah?

A Demon Lord never purchases late, nor does he purchase early. He purchases precisely when he means to.

Don't you find it ironic that a Mii is supposed to look like you but they cover their faces with Mii helmets?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the mii?

Back