Wii U Specs

Kira

Pft! >.>
Feb 12, 2011
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
[video=youtube;aXq4sQw8Izw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXq4sQw8Izw[/video]

As expected the console will be a full HD console with 1080p/720p output via HDMI, it will also feature a multi-core PowerPC processor which may be comparable with Xbox 360. As always Nintendo has tried to stay away from processing figures, but here's what we have so far:

Launches:

Size:

Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller:

The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls:

Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Media:

A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output:

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output:

Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage:

The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU:

IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other:

Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

No Blu-ray on Wii U?

Nintendo has announced that its Wii U gaming console will not feature a Blu-ray drive, and will instead stick to a proprietary disc format. Patent fees related to the technology are too high, the company explained. The Wii U will, however, compete with existing consoles in terms of hardware - it is equipped with a customized CPU from IBM and a GPU from AMD, and is rumored to be 50 percent faster than PS3 and Xbox 360.

Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata said in a recent investor
Q&A event
that enough people have already bought various devices capable of playing Blu-ray and DVD, and there's no need for such a functionality in the Wii U.

In terms of GPU, the Wii U is far from today's high-end PC standards, but it supports 1080p resolution and is said to offer more than other consoles already on the market. The new custom-designed 45-nanometer CPU comes courtesy of IBM, and reportedly makes for "extreme game play."

Its most distinctive aspect as of yet is the completely new touchscreen controller, which allows users to continue gaming even when the TV is turned off. The product is expected to be launched in 2012.

The white box will be equipped with a customized AMD Radeon GPU, apparently with a graphics chip similar to the one found in Radeon HD 4890, Japanese website
GameWatch
reports. It's a bit outdated, having been released in 2009, but still much better than those found in PS3 and Xbox 360. These details are yet to be confirmed.

I think It's worth to afford this console, imo.

Sources:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/fact_sheet_wii_u_1080p_hd_confirmed_no_bluray

http://www.gizmag.com/wii-u-faster-than-ps3-no-blu-ray/18925/

lolwut? Kira making an awesometacular detailed post? I approve!

So Ninty now has four shoulder buttons... Good.

No Gamecube support... sadface. Guess I'll be gettin' used to a Classic Controller.

Good to know the rumors of the WiiU being LESS powerful than say, the 360, are 99% bullshit. Wouldn't keep me from buyin' it, but I would'a been a tad disappointed.

It doesn't need much power. As long as it's superior to the Wii, it's fine.

It won't have much problems being better than the 360 either, considering the Wii already is. The WiiU is to be successful, no doubt.

Sounds like an attempt to butter us up. Trying to get away with your hax are ya?

Haha nah. I just found the article on the internet and thought it was a good idea to post it here since there's also a site like this related to the Wii U only.. Btw, is that site from the same admin as here?

My hax? Pft dude, my Wii got screwed because of a brick. I guess it wasn't that secure to softmod it :S

My hax? Pft dude, my Wii got screwed because of a brick. I guess it wasn't that secure to softmod it :S

Softmods: still a mod. Be it physical or programming modifications, when done wrong, ya get the same result. :lol:

Assasin, I don't recall you being a firm hater of hax? You're just trollin', yeah?

Aye, I know that much. Thought you were hatin' on hax as a whole for a moment.

Disregard what I've said.

Back