Wii use with a projector

Youma

soon Wii shall arrive!
Nov 23, 2006
just been reading up on the Wii sensor bar, does it need to be placed above the top or last line of pixels of a screen (or projected image)? Or can it be placed in front? issue is for projector users, if the adhesive wears out whilst the strip is atop their wall it could be damaged from the drop :p

Slight variations don't make much difference. If you were to put it a few inches in front, it wouldn't be noticably off. You could also consider placing it under the screen, that way there is less distance to fall if anything does go wrong.

you set it to 'above' or 'below' the TV when setting up your Wii, so theyre shouldnt be any problem. the sensor just can't be blocked is all, placement shouldn't matter.

i have mine set for below the TV even though its above my TV oddly enough, and it's working much better for red steel

I noticed that the sensor bar worked better on Wii Sports Boxing if it sits on top of the tv. I'm not sure if that has to do with hand placement during play or what...

yeah, i placed my sensor bar just on the floor in front of the projection screen, and it worked pretty well, it was just a pain in teh ass to have to wire to avoid. I wish it was wireless, which would just make life easier in general

Meatwad said:
I noticed that the sensor bar worked better on Wii Sports Boxing if it sits on top of the tv. I'm not sure if that has to do with hand placement during play or what...
Wii sports boxing doesn't use the sensor bar. The only time the bar comes into play is when you are using the pointer and the Wiimote is pointed directly at the screen/bar, like the fairy in Zelda, the aim in Red Steel, or the hand in the Wii menu.

Back