Wii Wireless Problems

200thhorse

WiiChat Member
Oct 16, 2007
Dear all,

I recently bought my wife a Wii for her birthday. We also have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. Until now the laptop has been connecting flawlessly to our Linksys WRT54GS V4.0 router. I say until now because as soon as I connected the Wii via wireless to the router the laptop no longer connects to the router. If I turn the wireless function off on the Wii (i.e. clear the internet connection settings) the laptop connects fine again.

Any ideas anyone? Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

Regards,

Rob

200thhorse said:
Dear all,

I recently bought my wife a Wii for her birthday. We also have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. Until now the laptop has been connecting flawlessly to our Linksys WRT54GS V4.0 router. I say until now because as soon as I connected the Wii via wireless to the router the laptop no longer connects to the router. If I turn the wireless function off on the Wii (i.e. clear the internet connection settings) the laptop connects fine again.

Any ideas anyone? Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?

Regards,

Rob

Yes this is a common problem. Luckily, there is an easy fix.

You need to go to your router's configuration (consult your manual for more information). You need to find your router's QoS settings. QoS is "Quality of Service", and determines how the priority is distributed between devices. You will need to change this to ON if it is off at the moment, or OFF if it is on at the moment.

Give me rep if this works for you :lol:

Last edited:
Back