Wireless Connection Help

hufmania

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2008
I am having trouble getting my wii online. It is weird because when I go throught the connection settings I can see my router and connect to it but it fails the connection test. I have a Linksys Wireless-B broadband router. Anyone else using this router have any problems? Are there any specific setting I need to change?Thanks, Eric

hufmania said:
I am having trouble getting my wii online. It is weird because when I go throught the connection settings I can see my router and connect to it but it fails the connection test. I have a Linksys Wireless-B broadband router. Anyone else using this router have any problems? Are there any specific setting I need to change?Thanks, Eric
Did you type in your wep key?

I have a Linksys wireless router, it's a WRT54G. And when I play MOHH2 I get kicked out after about 30 seconds or less every game. I am pretty frustrated by it. I actually reset my router and set it back up again to make sure nothing was wrong.

So I can get iun the game but get kicked out almost immediately. I have a Rogers cable connection that is 8MB down and 800k up.

I have my router set to use 128 WEP Encryption.

But you say you cannot even get into the game at all? Are you able to get onto the shopping channel? and get updates, or at least connect to the update server?

Sorry for the lat response everybody. I had a hunch that my wireless-b router just didn't have enough juice so I bought a wireless-n. While I probably won't see wireless-n speeds I figure why not pay the extra $40 and not worry about it. And wouldn't you know it my wii linked up to it with ease. Problem solved. Thanks for the responses.:smilewinkgrin:

Back