Wiikey-backups work but not originals!

klingon888

WiiChat Member
Jun 7, 2007
I have Wiikey installed and I know its a successful install as I can play Wii and Gamecube backup games.

BUT I have problems playing 2 non-backup original Gamecube games - Cars and TopGun!! It starts off good and half way thru the game, system will freeze and come back with an error msg and wont budge until I off/on the system. Tried multiple times but still same problem. On the other hand, Mario Go-Kart original works! Its just these 2 games.

Once I removed the Wiikey, it works on the 2 originals but of course not on the backups.

Can someone shed some light on this weird situation? Bad Wiikey or is it a Wiikey bug? Its a genuine chip bought from Foundmy with the hologram.

Thx...Dave.

Last edited:
wiikey doesnt have audiofix, gamecube back ups and originals will not work if they use streaming audio
Mario kart doesnt use streaming audio so its fine
the wiikey update is coming soon to correct this problem

yeah i really hope it comes out because i have the wii key and now i know why my stupid pokemon xd game didnt work i think it has audio stream

Thx. Glad to hear its not me or a bad chip or bad install! Almost went crazy checking my connections and solder points!! Any other chip out there with a working audio fix besides Wiikey? Every chip claims to have an audio fix, even Wiikey on its website "Built-in audio fix".

Last edited:
cyclowiz, wiiD, etc. have audiofix (with recently released updates?)
there are lots of audio streaming fixing tools on the internet so that could help but i think you should just wait for the update

Back