wiikey bricked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Europe. It does suck that we get shafted sometimes, but thems the brakes.

If your Wii gets bricked, tough ****, you get whats coming to you.

sorcer said:
Try living in Europe and waiting for PAL games.

I live in the UK, I'm patient and everyone I know waits for games to come out too, why is it different for you?? As far as I'm concerned, (may sound harsh) But you f*cking deserve it, I don't care how you try to justify it, you tried to cheat Nintendo...This is not exactly respecting the company and you got owned! Live with it.

As for bricking a console, I'm quite sure that bricking a console means basically you can't use it at all...

WiiGod said:
I live in the UK, I'm patient and everyone I know waits for games to come out too, why is it different for you?? As far as I'm concerned, (may sound harsh) But you f*cking deserve it, I don't care how you try to justify it, you tried to cheat Nintendo...This is not exactly respecting the company and you got owned! Live with it.

As for bricking a console, I'm quite sure that bricking a console means basically you can't use it at all...

I am impatient, I do not agree at all paying ~60€ per title, it is way overpriced in my opinion, budget priced games are different thing, 30€ sounds fair for a game.
I do believe in paying for games etc. but it's just too expensive for me.

Just for the record I'm not of an idiot enough to brick my Wii, I wait till others try it out and I'm certainly not bitching about the fact that this bricking has happened, you are absolutely right that we (as in the community who have modded Wiis and use illegal copies of games) deserve it, this is a risk I accept.

So far a Wii console that has been bricked is a paper weight, it cannot be fixed. To fix it it would require to break the encryption on the firmware chips and update it.

sorcer said:
I am impatient, I do not agree at all paying ~60€ per title, it is way overpriced in my opinion, budget priced games are different thing, 30€ sounds fair for a game.
I do believe in paying for games etc. but it's just too expensive for me.

Just for the record I'm not of an idiot enough to brick my Wii, I wait till others try it out and I'm certainly not bitching about the fact that this bricking has happened, you are absolutely right that we (as in the community who have modded Wiis and use illegal copies of games) deserve it, this is a risk I accept.

So far a Wii console that has been bricked is a paper weight, it cannot be fixed. To fix it it would require to break the encryption on the firmware chips and update it.

Though I have not modded yet, this sums up my opinion on this. I agree with the 30€ per game, that's exactly the amount I always thought would be reasonable for the Wii

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
just buy games instead of cheating nintendo out of money!
amen. if your going to cheat nintendo by not buying their games, are you REALLY gonna have the NUTS to whine and complain when you screw up your system preforming an unauthorized and ILLEGAL act????????????????

i just dont get some people.............

Seriously so someone wants to play homebrew wouldn't it be more economically feasible to buy a used GC and mod that instead of a rare currently hard to find Wii. That excuse doesn't make sense.

So you have to wait for new games. I'm sure all of us would have liked Nintendo and Sony to release the systems/games in our geographical regions first. It can't happen that way. I'm sure a worldwide release sounds wonderful but it takes time to add in regional items (language, config, etc.)

The only reason anyone mods their system is to burn games, admit it. If you do it don't pretend you have some higher moral ground to do so. You are just trying to justify an illeagle activity. Yes I too would like to see game prices come down but considering that the level of entertainment I get from the newest games I'll pay the premium. If I really want a game to actually buy (like when SSB came out) I rent it a few times when the urge comes to play it, then wait a couple of months for it to come down in price.

As I have mentioned before if anyone feels so slighted by a corperation dont buy their product thats the best way to teach them a lesson.

well, I got my wii modified by someone else so I don't know what to do, it's just modified so that we could play downloaded games. But if I want to play just dance 4 I need to do a system update and I don't know if this is save to do, because the wii was modified over 4 years ago! Can anyone help me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back