Wiimotes and Lightning

Lunatix said:
Oh yeah i remember a time when there was a lightning storm and it broke my router(Would'nt turn on after so i threw it away.) that is always on so if you are in the same situation i was your Wiimotes are BROKEN. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Just be happy that it didn't break the wii.
Your router could get screwed up by a power surge or something, but since the Wiimote isn't connected to the power lines in anyway that isn't going to happen with it.

paintba||er said:

Your router could get screwed up by a power surge or something, but since the Wiimote isn't connected to the power lines in anyway that isn't going to happen with it.

This is what I was going to say.

You people make me feel like a genius.

There was no EM FIELD PERMANENTLY SHORTING OUT THE BLUETOOTH SIGNAL?!?OMGOMG>!>!>!

Oh alright then I guess I have nomore ideas on how his wiimote broke.
So the only thing I would do now is call Nintendo or look on their site if you don't fix it or find a solution.(I guess he has done something about it because he doesn't seem to be posting:))

-Good Luck

P.S. Lightning + Wiimote = Broken Wiimote?
Please test this theory by playing your Wiis during a lightning storm.

Last edited:
Lunatix said:
Please test this theory by playing your Wiis during a lightning storm.

no thanks, but other users here can do so if they wish :D and speaking of lightening storms, my house was acting funny when i came back after being out all day (it was lightning and thunder thought the day) my cooker wouldn't turn on and my harddrive was acting funny, i was a bit panicky because i had left my ps3 on standby so i turned it off for a while and i turned it on later on, to my relief it was completely fine, i just hate the british weather, why such bad weather in july? it's crazy.

Well it depends if the Wiimotes were charging on a docking thing, and if so then the lightning probably fried em'.

vagrant said:
Or I could just tell you it isn't possible.

Personally I would rather watch the mythbusters test a myth having to do with lightning even if it you think it's false than rather just have someone say it's impossible, because IMO I think it would be cool to see it be tested.

>_>
Okay, have no idea about this, but...
Did anyone even consider the possibility that it ****ed up the Wii? It's plugged into the wall. >_> Kinda obvious. Could have just screwed up the Bluetooth capabilities. xP
Of course, I'm an idiot. What do I know?
Still, surprised someone didn't even consider that.

YAY you said blow up!!!!!!!!!!!!! *giggles*

OMG INNER CHILD BACK IN YOUR CELL IN MY MIND WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!

Try changing the batteries. No dice? Call in Nintendo. No help? Call in your lawyer. No dice? Get new remotes. No remotes in. Sit in fetal position in the corner of the store and speak in toungues.

Monsteroids said:
YAY you said blow up!!!!!!!!!!!!! *giggles*

OMG INNER CHILD BACK IN YOUR CELL IN MY MIND WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!

Try changing the batteries. No dice? Call in Nintendo. No help? Call in your lawyer. No dice? Get new remotes. No remotes in. Sit in fetal position in the corner of the store and speak in toungues.

YES. Genius plan right there.
...But only the last part.

Koukin said:
>_>
Okay, have no idea about this, but...
Did anyone even consider the possibility that it ****ed up the Wii? It's plugged into the wall. >_> Kinda obvious. Could have just screwed up the Bluetooth capabilities. xP
Of course, I'm an idiot. What do I know?
Still, surprised someone didn't even consider that.

Well for one noone considered that because the guy said his wii was working fine just not the wiimotes. And if lightning shorted anything out...the bluetooth would be the last thing to go.

And yes you are an idiot.

Back