Wii's Motion Controls - Not For Everyone

For me, it still amazes me that after 25 years of gaming that it's a control system that stopped me in my tracks....I know I have complained mildly about games such as RedSteel and COD3 but only because I wanted the experience; which is already astonishingly great when compared to normal controls; to be bettered by tighter Wii controls.

I personally can't wait for the next generation of titles once the devs have pinned down the motion sensitivity as they have started to do with recent titles.

One more thing for me is also the ergonomic design - specifically the A / B buttons on the remote and the Nunchuck - superbly intuitive and really drive the experience more from the get-go, no fumbling about just plain and simple. Ahhhhhhh....

Great subject - thanks Corey

Damn nearly dead on with what I've said to people. Gamers have a tough time with the Wii controls in many games but little old ladies and 5 years olds have no problem.

My girlfriend is a boxing pro and her mom killed everyone at bowling the first time they played and neither likes games.

I got my ass handed to me over and over on Monkey Ball multiplayer darts against three other people. I just could not do it right!

Fluid intelligence declines as we age. This is why many people dislike the Wii controller because it simply takes longer to get used to.

I agree, only you yourself can tell you what to enjoy, no critic.

It's true that the controls are not for everyone. Nintendo should acknowledge this and include the option to play using the classic controller (or GC controller) in every game.

tigiss said:
is wiiplay worth the money?

This post has nothing to do with this thread, so I'd create a topic asking that question or search the forum for an answer (preferably). IMO, the free Wii Remote is the only part that's worth the cash.

omg thers only one word to describe tht video.........HACKS!!!!!!!!1

he is got to be use hax.....tht was jus crazy

Well it was a good read, but it seems like when you were saying how people didn't adjust you made it seem like NOBODY could adjust. Which you and I both know is wrong. That is true, nobody can tell you what to like and what to not like, but when you put it like you did, you made it seem like nobody's allowed to state their opinion, which you and I both know....

Back