Will PS3 have sucessess in Europe

demonflair

Slowly returning..
Feb 10, 2007
Portugal, Portimão
Wii Online Code
2967-1215-6372-5681
I'm not into this ps3 but since it is one of the three new generation consoles I want to know some opinions about it.

Do you think that after PS3 's launch in Europe, PS3 is going to sell the same that PS2 did?

Well, my friends were very into the ps3, but that was a few months ago, and now these friends have a 360, so their interest has dropped. On gamefaqs, a few days ago, there was a poll about what people thought about the europe ps3 launch http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2678
I know gamefaqs is hardly the best source, but its something.
No one knows until it really is released.

the sales will go down... in my opinion the reason is tat they are taking out backward compatibility to make it cheaper.... this is bad because all those great games like god of war and socom and god of war 2 you cant play on your ps3... and the only real good game out for the ps3 right now is Resistance fall of man and i don't think that people are going to buy a $800+cdn system to play 1 game...

I dont think they will sell more than the PS2 did, Sony has not shown as much innitiative with the PS3 as they did with the PS2, thats why people like me would rather but another PS2 than get a PS3, I think if they were to lower the greedy price, and fix a couple things with the system, tid bits like rumble, size, and game copacity, it would be in the running again, Im still pulling for the Wii, baby! =]

Tails McCloud~ said:
I dont think they will sell more than the PS2 did, Sony has not shown as much innitiative with the PS3 as they did with the PS2, thats why people like me would rather but another PS2 than get a PS3, I think if they were to lower the greedy price, and fix a couple things with the system, tid bits like rumble, size, and game copacity, it would be in the running again, Im still pulling for the Wii, baby! =]

I agree PS3 isn't going to sell as well as PS2, nor should it, it's not that good a system IMO, but it's not a "greedy price" they are asking, if they are still loosing money on it.

MysticGohan said:
they are going to lower the price but its going to cost you by loosing your backward comepatabilaty

ps3 in uk = £425
425.00 GBP = 820.795 USD
according to XE.com conversion

and on gamestop.com ps3 = $599
(60gb version, which is the only version they sell in the UK)

So therefore, uk ps3 = 820, and US ps3 = 600
So you pay 220$ more for a console that can run less ps2 games.
I think thats all correct.

I have heard that the PS3 in Europe has a record-breaking amount of pre-orders. I don't know how much Sony should celebrate. The PS3 will probably do fine in Europe but it won't enjoy the success of the PS2.

I don't think thats true, PS3 preorders are still guaranteed to arrive on launch at Game and also in Gamestation I think and they are still taking preorders. I will be getting a PS3, I would be getting it on launch if they had better launch titles. Only launch title that I would consider getting now would be Virtua Fighter. But I won't get it now, needs more games first.

Back