Will there be a price to hook up the Wii online?

Scyther

Guardian of the Garden
Jul 6, 2006
Canada
I don't know if anyone knows or not, but is there a fee like what Xbox has for Xbox Live! to hook up to the Nintendo servers from your house or what? If so, has there been a price given out? (I really want to download some old Nintendo games). Thanks.

- Scythe

If the DS Wi-Fi is free I don't see why Nintendo would charge for Wii Wi-Fi. the onlything u have to pay for WiiConnect24 is the old games for $4-$8.

Ohhh man I tought the old games will be free too (of course Nintendo exclusive games) are u sure about that fee? 'cause I'm not in the US so it's a problem to pay by mail. And... if WiiConnect24 is for free... what will happen with the lag problems and stuff....is there any conection speed like kb/s or something??

Yea I'm sure, it's more like $4.99-$8.99 here in the US. It was announced a while back. There shouldn't be lag problems with WiiConnect24 cuz u don't even need internet connection to acess it.

Wii_Rulez said:
Yea I'm sure, it's more like $4.99-$8.99 here in the US. It was announced a while back. There shouldn't be lag problems with WiiConnect24 cuz u don't even need internet connection to acess it.
Woah, what? I thought I completly understood the whole WiiConnect24 concept. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but how can you have access to WiiConnect24, which uses the Internet to allow for things like online multiplayer, downloadable content, etc., without an Internet connection:confused:

Last edited:
I think u were righ in saying"
you can either use a wireless router, a usb/ethernet adapter to connect Wii to the Internet via a usb cable, or a usb wifi adapter similar to this one for the DS.
.WiiConnect24 is internal and it sends stuff from Nintendp even in rest to your system. I don't remember where i saw it but i think it was mention somewhere on this site too. Wii has it's own built in internet browser provided by Opera. How they are able to do I don't know but i know it was confirmed. I hope that helped.

Wii_Rulez said:
I think u were righ in saying".WiiConnect24 is internal and it sends stuff from Nintendp even in rest to your system. I don't remember where i saw it but i think it was mention somewhere on this site too. Wii has it's own built in internet browser provided by Opera. How they are able to do I don't know but i know it was confirmed. I hope that helped.
I think I saw the article you're talking about. It was full of crap. The only way that they could possibly make that work is to put up hundreds of expensive Nintendo satelites and use power hungry recievers. WC24 will have to use an internet connection. However, the slogan for Nintendo WFC it "It's easy, it's safe, *it's free*"

awesome i was wondering this myself and for the old games $4-$8 is not bad at all really, i hope they have bundle packs you can buy to make them even cheaper if you want alot of the games

Man, I love nintendo more and more by every passing day, and I also despise nintendo for every waking moment I don't have a wii...Me and nintendo kinda have one of those love-hate relationships, lol.

Anyone think there will be voice-chat? The Wiimote already has a mini-speaker and hopefully a mic, so maybe that would work. It's going to have a camera too, correct? So, and this is wishful thinking, perhaps video-chat will be possible!?

Back