Will there be a price to hook up the Wii online?

there is going to be some sort of program that will let you devlope games with the Nintendo Wii engine. Im not sure whether or not it is going to be on PC or if it will be able to be done on the Wii, but either way, its going to be pretty tough to get bored with the Wii me thinks.

DragonM3D said:
If you simply do a search you will see TONS of info on WiiConnect-24. Even if you want to use as many technical terms as you want, it is still pretty easy to understand.

WiiConnect-24 is the Wii's online service. It is going to be used for downloading VC games, patches and updates, demos, amature Wii games, and online multi-player gaming. It is going to connect mainly by a Wi-Fi connection (wireless internet from a wireless router) or with a USB adapter that I really dont have much info on since I will be using my router.

ok thank you for answering my question i partly understand it now..... but what are the requirments to connect to WiiConnect-24?

Icetrash said:
ok thank you for answering my question i partly understand it now..... but what are the requirments to connect to WiiConnect-24?

Requirments are either connection to wireless internet (i.e. wireless router), or using the USB network adapter (which I dont have much info on), and of course a Wii. Im thinking it would be a pretty smart idea for Nintendo to have a regular 10/100 LAN port for you to just plug in an internet cable from a router, wireless or not.

And about the amateur Wii games. I think I used the wrong wording when I said that. I meant games that you create yourself or some other amateur game "dev" creates, in which you can upload and download via WiiConnect-24 and play on the Wii. Not necessarily with the Wii engine (i.e. motion sensor) but just able to play on the Wii. But looking back I dont see why you wouldnt be able to make your own actual Wii games. Nintendo would still sell games because they know that actual game devs will make much better games than us amateurs (for the most part). If we come across some amateur games that are just friggin amazing, then Im sure Nintendo will notice and possibly offer to buy the rights from you :lol: :confused: . I'm not making facts here guys. I just dont see why it cant be done.

in touch with the wii said:
yeah why would nintendo sell games if you could make um
It's not an advanced program. It's probably going to be like a weak version of Gamemaker, not the graphics but the amount of sprites it'll let u use. See w/ gamemaker u can upload any sprite off the internet and use it in ur game, same w/ backrounds etc. But since the wii is not going to have access to the internet it will most likely have a limited sprite system such as Mario, Link, u get the idea.

It might not even have as many capabilities or things to do as gamemaker. I'm not totally sure about how this is going to work...it will be interesting to find out though.

Sry if this is confusing, I took a class on making games so I might have explained it where u might not be able to understand(not insulting anyone's intelligence) I'm glad the wii will have this setting, maybe i'll already have a head start on how to make games!
DragonM3D said:
What is impossible and why? Explain!
It's impossible to get bored.

Last edited:
eehhrm wii does have internet :)
edit: and you can plug-in SD cards so there's no "limited sprites":p
or did you mean something else?

Last edited:
Well the wii is going to have some things that hook up to the internet, I don't think u can directly get on the internet or google or anything like that.

Wut I mean by limited sprites is that since u won't be able to go to google and type in "sprites" and have one-zillion results come up, we'll probably have to deal w/ one's they give us. Like as we're making a game there's a page that says sprites, u click on it and there's pre-set sprites for u like I said before. Mario, Link etc.

I read somewhere that it's $1700....it's not just some thing where everyone has it, its for ACUTAL developers who have LIMITED budgets like Mimyato or whatever said.

HA!:lol: That's totally ridiculous and totally false! It's already been said it's coming w/ the system and that it's going to be for very amateur games like wut gamemaker does. News alert, gamemaker's freeee. Duh.

So let me make sure I understand, you sayin to play other people online on the wii is free?!?!?

Back