Will you Pay to Play?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
With the new Pay to Play service announced, it's only natural to expect SSBB to use it (so that's what the delay was about!). So since no real details have been announced, how will you feel if you do pay to play, that Japan is getting the online play for SSBB for free? I doubt pay to play will offer voice talk or any real changes (no more friend codes is good though), and it's just a cheap ploy to get you guys to pay to play for SSBB. Bah, so answer this:

Will you Pay to Play SSBB online?
How do you feel about Japan getting it free and probably with all the same features? (No voice chat, leaderboards, friend codes.. ect.)
Do you feel cheated by Nintendo like you should for this?

i won't mind kuz my parents owe me some sort of an allowance. but i highly dought it will be in brawl because
a.) japan doesn't have it
b.) pay to play will most likely not have FC, and the dojo already announced it did

I'm still not sure if it will be used in Brawl or not.

If it is though, meh.
I think its worth it to play for its online, it will be one of the better online Wii games to date and maybe the year.

Japan getting it for Free?
Japan is Japan, Wii is selling the best there. That must be their reward.

we're america. we're the only ones lazy enough to play for 70 hours straight.

i highly doubt nintendo would choose brawl as its first title to use PtP.

if they were seriously considering it, we definitely would have heard about it by now.

and besides, the concept of PtP was JUST introduced to game developers. my guess is that nintendo is using PtP as a way to give more third-party developers a greater incentive to put more effort into wii titles.

CantGetAWii said:
I'm still not sure if it will be used in Brawl or not.

If it is though, meh.
I think its worth it to play for its online, it will be one of the better online Wii games to date and maybe the year.

Japan getting it for Free?
Japan is Japan, Wii is selling the best there. That must be their reward.
thats honestly a piss-poor attitude.

and people with this attitude are the reason theres no voice chat on the wii.

-If- P2P happens to get a hold of SSBB I wouldn't P2P (not peer to peer ; )
It would be a let down, but I still play SSBM and it's off line onry.
Seriously though, JP gets it for free and we don't? How do you think Big N is gonna get away with that?

that would be a giant nerd war lolz, people wearing glasses as big as their head, white button-up shirts. pant up to their armpits. and pocket pouches with pens. using their zappers as guns, wii mote/nunchuck as actual nunchucks. the zelda sword as a sword, ect, ect. lol that'd be awesome.

you guys seriously think SSBB wont feature pay to play? wow.
it was DELAYED for poor reasons, the best reason is that it was delayed so they could add pay to play and announce it.
this is THE wifi title of the year and coming years, nintendo would lose a lot of potiental money if they make it free, it only makes sense from a business stand point that this would use pay to play. why else would they announce it right before the release?

ok, pay to play is probably just a way to get rid of fc and add mics and text messages. brawl has fc, no mics no text messaging. what would be the reason of including pay to play exactly. and sov, get me a source that says that and i'll beleieve you. heres my source of the FC
Clickey Clickey

I to seriously doubt that Super Smash Brothers Brawl will have "Pay to Play". The whole concept was just announced with very scarce details at GDC, if it was in the upcoming game I think we'd know a little more about it.

Plus "Pay to Play" games will have an orange logo, Super Smash Brothers has a blue Nintendo WFC on the box art.

PtP was designed for games to have EXTRA online features.

as far as i know, brawl has no voice chat, no ranking system, and still uses friend codes.

plus, nintendo is well aware of its fans' disappointment over brawl's THREE delays, and i seriously doubt they would pull a stunt like this.

you guys dont have sources that p2p wont have friend codes....
this is all speculation, which is why its a if. stop trying to put up mental blocks and answer the questions.

Sovieto said:
thats honestly a piss-poor attitude.

and people with this attitude are the reason theres no voice chat on the wii.

Uh, alright.
But I don't recall the reason for the delay ever really mentioned, and when this was delayed there was no sight of Pay To Play. The online getting worked out seemed to be the reason for the latest delay, things must not have been clicking right.

As well, thats not why there is no voice chat.
Sakurai himself stated why there isn't and thats because he had to follow certain rules and guidelines.

Back