Wolf for how long?

Wii Believe

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
Bourne, Lincs, England
i know no1 has played the complete game yet but im stil gonna ask this:

how much of the game is going to be spent playing as a wolf, i dont mean where u can choose to be a wolf, i mean forced to play as the wolf.

i wud h8 it if loads of the game was in wolf form cos tht'd suck

plus i bet the final part of the final boss will be fought as a wolf, and tbh tht'd be a bit of a letdown for me if that happens, lol i wanna slice and dice ganon once and for all lol

You Are In WOlf FOrm Only In The Twilight Realm... Which Is Like Half Of The Game Time Of More...

ummm I woulnt say half of the game! I geuss probably 30% or 40% of the entire game you will be forced to play the wolf. But I think you beat what ever villian you may face in the end (we don't know if Ganon is the main villian) as the wolf...and if thats the case you might play as the wolf in one part and normal in the other. I WANT to be the wolf in Zelda...its gonna be awsome!!!

Actually we do know its Gannon because, in the Wii video on nintendos site, the man with the pointed hat is that is walking with two moblins, you can see on his chest the Geurdo flag.

BOO YA Gannon

ooh, never noticed...umm, I think that I want to beat the boss as Link...lol, but I also want to play the wolf...he seems to be cool to control...I'm thinking only about 25-35% of the game as wolf

the twilight realm is always spreading. so it could be more than 50%. i dont know why youre complaining about it when you havent even played it yet. maybe wolf Link is more fun. it would be cool to fight the last boss going in and out of the twilight realm:)

dds said:
Actually we do know its Gannon because, in the Wii video on nintendos site, the man with the pointed hat is that is walking with two moblins, you can see on his chest the Geurdo flag.

BOO YA Gannon

Yeah I know ganon is a villian! but who knows some other guy may take his place!!:smilewinkgrin:

Mr_Stoukaph said:
the twilight realm is always spreading. so it could be more than 50%

Thats what I took into consideration.
I dont mind because think about it people, you've always played atleast a humanoid version of Link. So now they've made a change why not embrace it more and explore it to the fullest?

I doubt they would make it so you had to fight the whole final battle in Wolf form, because of course people are going to want to feel the mood of slashing at the Boss personally (Wii users only). I reckon they will do it in parts, note the breaks inbetween fighting Ganon in WW, and have the battle start as Wolf Link then switch to Link for the final run, due to the fact we all know the Master Sword has to play a part in the demise of the Evil Emperor.

For the switch to take place it will probably be down to the fact you have weakened the Boss causing a malfunction in the flux of the Twilight realm, i.e. When you inflict so much damage to the Boss or hit it so specific number of times a cut scene takes place depicting the decline of the evil power source. Then of course for the battle to continue, the Boss will pull a Ganon (note I've been using "Boss", due to the fact its not completely certain its Ganon) from OoT and transform/call forth reserved spiritual power, from which the REAL battle commences, because you will now be in Link's Human form with the ability to Shield and weild the Master Sword.
Both of which lets hope we'll need because the final Boss should/better be challenging, and for challenging we need less noticable patterns nowadays in games :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No way would it be 50% or more as the wolf. The wolf form is far too limited and you would not be able to use your weapons or items. You'd not be able to gather new ones. I reckon the "forced" wolf bits will be over quite quickly. After that you can choose. We also don't know who the main bad guy will be, could be the Twilight King or Ganondorf. The guy in the trailer though is the Twilight King, not Ganondorf.

[edit] 100 POSTS. Awesome

hmm, like I said, Nintendo isn't going to make the game 50% or more wolf...they know that alot of people may want to play as Link more...(they know we're fickle beings who dislike change:D) But lots of parts will consist of being the wolf...as the wolf is the only way to track Ilia, remember???
***********************SPOILER******************
Here, you may choose to highlight or not...its there, just white Wolf Link has those senses, remember? I read somewhere that using the wolf sense of small you have to track Ilia

Matt from IGN said it was pretty fun playing as the wolf so I wouldnt worry

Joe said:
Matt from IGN said it was pretty fun playing as the wolf so I wouldnt worry
quite right! most of the critics have adored this game, so I doubt we have to fear being let down by Nintendo:smilewinkgrin: personally, I have said this about 9 times google on the forums, but I cannot wait to play this game, as a wolf or human...what bugs me is that the plot seems so rich and fulfilling, and I KNOW ONLY BITS AND PIECES!!!!!!!!!! It drives me up the wall with anticipation!!!

I would say that you will not be able to play with link entirely through the game. I hope you do not have to beat the last boss with wolf link. I would really be disappointed.

I hope you beat the final boss as both you start in wolf form then you kick the crap out of him or her you become human again and they transform into a giant version of themselves and you have to kick the crap out of him or her again.

Back