Worth Buying DS?

ericlewis91

im McLovin
Dec 1, 2006
London,Ontario,Canada
Wii Online Code
6031-8713-1077-8188
I am looking to buy a device to play games on the go for bus rides...car trips..21 hour drive to florida...boring classes etc..
and im looking into a DS(i already have 4 ipods so no need for a psp)

is it worth it> i have a wii..ps2/3...360..xbox...gameboy color...

i want

supermario bros
brain age (unless big brain acedemy is better)
tetris
sims 2
yoshis island
mario kart ds
donkey kong racing(comes feb something)

and where can i buy Wario Touched? Brand New?

How is the battery life? scratches of screen? etc

i love my ds lite, i love it. it has great battery life(12-16 hours) with a medium screen brightness setting, its also very small and the touch screen is sweet. you can get a 39 dollar attachment from walmart that supports up to 8gb flash card that will make it play movies and music and homebrew games. i know you have an ipod, as do i(2 of them) but the attachment is still nice in order to have a few things on your ds you might want in case you dont have your ipod with you. i have tetris ds, new super mario, brain age, castlevania portrait of time, and big brain academy. i like both big brain and brain age but i think big brain is a bit more fun and also harder. i absolutely loved super mario brothers for it. it had a very old school style and was like a mix between mario 1,2,3, and super mario world. hope this helps. oh and as far as i can tell so far the screen doesnt scratch too easily although to make sure you can always get a protector for it. also i have this skin for it from decalgirl.com
dsl-retro-500.jpg

hope this helps. peace.

Last edited:
yea, get 1... There's more interactivity with your games, and besides, people stare at you (like they used to when hands free came out for mobiles) because you're doing stupid things to something that looks to be a makeup mirror.

best thing for making yourself look daft with a DS... I'd say Muchwokos Brain Training (or whatever the blokes name is...). There's another game where you blow into the mic, and do other stuff... not sure what it is, but I remember seeing it.

Other than that... just a brilliant little thingie to have.

did you start this thread to show off how much **** you got. what does having 4 ipods have to do with a psp. and why the hell would you have 4 ipods.

Lobstermobster said:
did you start this thread to show off how much **** you got. what does having 4 ipods have to do with a psp. and why the hell would you have 4 ipods.
he probably has 4 ipods because he has gotten the new versions all years but two that theyve been out. theyve been out since 2000. so he might have 4 generations, or he might have a a small one with the big ones. as what it has to do with a psp is the psp plays movies and music, so i think he is saying that would not persuade him to buy one because he can already do this with the ipod. but that is just my guess.

supermario bros
brain age (unless big brain acedemy is better)
tetris
sims 2
yoshis island
mario kart ds
donkey kong racing(comes feb something)

Those are the must buy games. Tetris for reasons, well everyone's got a portable Tetris with them.

I'm kind of in the same position, though I already have an original DS but I keep seeing lites everywhere, it makes me want one. I can't stand not having the newest version.

DeathsHand said:
I'm kind of in the same position, though I already have an original DS but I keep seeing lites everywhere, it makes me want one. I can't stand not having the newest version.

Same here, now I'm getting a Wii. The white doesn't go with the sliver. Ahhhh!

When i first got my ds, i was kind of worried it wouldn't be worth it, but i've never regretted it and even now i wouldn't swap my ds for the £100 i paid for it.

Yep, it is worth-it, i would get it. If you get Mario Kart you should also get the nintendo wifi adapter so you can play online and maybe even race me;)

DS is incredible! I bought one to 'replace' my psp, and it was worth every penny! So far I've got tetris ds, brain age, new smb, sm64 ds, and metroid prime hunters (which I hate the controls, so that was the most expensive and biggest waste of cash...) I've tried mario kart on the ds and feel it's a little slow, but thinking back to the diddy kong 94 days, I remember the game being a little slow. It's still great fun, and probably will be my next purchase for the system.

Oh, and like the Wii... if you do have a wireless router, you don't have to purchase the nintendo usb adapter for internet access. Simply configure the ds as you would the wii and you'll be connected in no time. Then you can link your nintendo account (online) with your console(s) to automatically update scores (I think) and your game inventory to keep updated on the latest updates, great feature! Almost as cool as actually playing online! :)

Back