DS Worth it or not? Thinking of buying it...

Knightking

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hello everyone :) I am a proud owner of PSP, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii and a High Definition Sony Bravia LCD 32 INCH.

I been hearing a lot of good things about DS that it has really great games. Mainly I use my PSP for some upcoming games, but for music/videos on the go.

Here is what I own for PSP

1. Monster Hunter Freedom
2. Metal Slug Anthology
3. Final Fantasy

I have a few PSP titles waiting for me in future such as

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Jonne De Arc
Final Fantasy II

and a few others...

As for DS I heard it has great selection of games...

If I am going to get it I know two games that will 100% buy

1. Animal Crossing DS (Love the gamecube one)
2. Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (Enjoying my Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 right now)

as for others I am not sure... what else is good? I am usually looking for either addictive games, or really deep interesting RPGS. I really like turn based RPGS and I do NOT mind real time rpgs either, I am also into racing and action games.

Anyone got suggestions and is the DS worth $130, if so why??

well personally i'm probably going to buy it just for zelda: phantom hourglass, i've played a couple of games on it(mostly new super mario bros) which was fun, i liked running fast cause he looked like a ninja, i was actually thinking about getting back into pokemon, but feel that i would be behind in my pokemon levels

i've heard good things about metroid: prime hunters

keep in mind that is online and so is mario kart,

i might buy all the above games i mentioned(there's also games such a starfox and dk games)

i'm just waiting for e3 to pass by, just to make sure i'm making the right discision

You seem to like Final Fantasy. The DS has Final Fantasy III, and will eventually have Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. There's also the upcoming Zelda game (the Phantom Hourglass). And then there's Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, a turn based RPG with action and platforming elements.

Basically, the DS is a pretty decent platform for RPGs.

Wow thats a nice set of systems! :yikes:

As for the DS, I only recently bought it and I like it! At the moment I have Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros, both really fun games. I race against other Wii chat members via Wi-fi which is fun :) . I'm also looking forward to The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, looks great at the moment! Theres is also the potential for more games to have Wii-DS connectivity which may be another reason to purchase one.

Get it! It's a great experience using the touch screen in gaming.

I recommend ..
Brain Age
Children of Mana
FF3
Mario Kart DS
and the many Gameboy Advance games

I don't like to list off what I own (unless I am getting rid of it, can't do that here anyway) because it is bragging, which is lame.

But I have a PSP and actually almost like the DS more just because it is aimed at what nintendo always aims at. Fun. The basic understandable concept of Fun. Instead of the other companies. No mentions for them. All I can say is that I don't use the PSP for anything it is advertised for and I had to go to some amateur programmer to unlock it because $ony wanted more money.

It is worth it for zelda: PH and DQ-IX alone.
(Do I even need to point out that the games are innovative because of the touch screen? Wait until phantom hourglass. I don't own any psp games because they are pretty trashy ports and thats about it. Besides it consists of button mashing and staring at a screen that you can't play outside without some stupid looking head scarf from the UK.)

Last edited:
i just bought Final Fantasy III, and i love it.

i think the ds was one of the best purchases ive ever made. there's a wide selection of games and a LOT of really good ones.

** New Super Mario Bros. is a must buy game as well **

Final Fantasy IV is supposed to be coming to the DS as well. I know, IV has already been on GBA but it seems this version is going to have around four times more stuff than the original.

Totally worth it, especially for all the games it has.

If you're concerned about buying games, just get an R4. They sell it packaged with 1GB for as low as $59 shipped now. I got mine off of http://us.emvee.ca, they're like the cheapest around town.

If you want a good action/rpg game for the DS, wait for the Megaman Star Force games which come out in September. The screenshots look really nice looks promising. ;)

Yes, the DS is worth it if you want some fun. But I can't imagine why you would want any more systems than what you already have, how often do you get bored, man?

I'd go for Mario Kart out of extreme Mario Kart loving bias.

For what reason are you thinking of getting a DS? Birthday? No particular reason? I wish my mum was lenient enough to let me own all of that. I still play on a 50Hz TV.

Back