Your Wii Predictions

WiiFan

Nintendo Loyalist
May 16, 2006
Post what you think about the success of the Wii in North America. Do you really think the system is revolutionary? Will it catch on?

Last edited:
Duh and duh! (read: yes and yes)

Man eveyone is excited about this system....i don't see how it wouldn't catch on unless it launches in japan first and totally flops (which won't happen, its nintendo).

yeah the wii will be a massive MASsIVE hit already everyones ecxited.
and it being as cheap as it is loades are gunna get sold, nintendo are gonna be absaloutley rich!:)

i wonder if mario get a cut from it.:confused:

???
mabey the wii isn't as good as we think.
mabey it over heats real easy or something.

Last edited:
phimuajedi69 said:
i doubt nintendo would be stupid enough to ship a product with that problem

the wii is small and cooling might've been a pickle for Nintendo compE's intially, but I'm sure they figured something out.

Nintendo doesn't want to become something for technical people only. The beauty of a console is that you never need to upgrade it, maintain it, or tweak it and it will still run well.

It's gonna be huge...... [ I hate saying that because theres a stupid commercial that says it all the time ]

WiiFan said:
the wii is small and cooling might've been a pickle for Nintendo compE's intially, but I'm sure they figured something out.

Nintendo doesn't want to become something for technical people only. The beauty of a console is that you never need to upgrade it, maintain it, or tweak it and it will still run well.

*thinks of the N64 memory upgrade 'expansion' chip*

Meh, you never know... but I dont think there have been any 'upgrades' for the gc, have there?

I believe that the Wii will do well in all three major territories (sorry Australia, but I don't know enough about your gaming habits to pass judgement).

I also believe that the PS3 will be a flop. The only thing it's got going for it is it's name. Everything else will be equalled or better on either the 360 (like graphics) or the Wii (like the wireless remote and download services) etc...

I think that wii will do great for one reason, because its nintendo. Everybody knows about nintendo and at least one of their systems, and the way nintendo has made games for their systems I believe people will continue to play on nintendo.

the ps3 has little to offer than the xbox360 doesn't, and I can't really say I'm excited about any of it's games.

I think Nintendo is going to take Sony's place and stand by microsoft as a leader of the console market. the best thing is - they don't necessarily have to be rivals. Microsoft, after all, is endorsing the wii.

And you gotta admit that for the most part, my comment about consoles is true. Upgrading computer hardware is just too much of a headache for some folks.

Sony also praised the Wii. Can't say I have the article on me, and I'm also not in the mood to go looking.

It's hard to say what will happen to Nintendo and its Wii (lmao! :lol: ). I'm really hoping for it to succeed, I can't wait to be trying out first person shooters on it. :p

Back