YPbPr to RGBHV VGA BOX

gooker

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2007
hi i have a YPbPr to RGBHV VGA BOX
(2:1 Video Switch) mayflash. all setup correctly with component cables. For my nintendo wii. but when i turn it on it says 1600x1050 output and gives me a blank screen.
Anyone know how i can make this work all together so i can get 480p with my LCD monitor.

do i need to setup the wii before hand? or anything in perticular for this to work? any help on this would be great thanks.

anyone have this issue?

anyone have this issue?

What you have to do is this......

1. plug component cable into wii

2. plug green plug from component cable into regular tv (this will give you a black and white picture)

3. Go to wii setup menu

4. Pick screen resolution

5. Switch to 480p

6. plug green cable along with other plugs into VGA Box

7. Turn wii off

8. Turn wii back on

9. Enjoy 480p on your lcd monitor.

I hope this helps.

ok nevermind i solved it

solved the issue.

Hi, I just wondered if you absolutely need the PC itself to be connected to the VGA Box for this to work?

Hi guyss orry for bringing this old thread up, but I have recently bought this little gadget and got it setup working correctly, however, when playing the wii I get a black screen every 15 seconds then it goes back to normal? Is there anyway of stopping this as it makes it virtually unplayable!
Thanks.

this started happening to me too the problem is the sync is being delayed from when the info leaves the wii and is processed through the vga box and finally reaches the screen. What the box does is it recodes the signal from component to a vga signal and sometimes it lags. What I did to fix this was I went out and bought a new HDtv and hooked up my xbox 360 ps3 and wii and now that never happens. Yes I know this option is expensive but it works. However I do have my other vga converter I will sell you really cheap if you want. It never gave me any blinking problems. The new one i got so I could hook up all my systems was the one that started going blank on me. just pm me if you are interested.

KIMDRACULA, dont double post, use the edit button...
noob11az.jpg

Thanks for that KIMDRACULA, couldit just be my monitor, so that all oll VGA converters wont work on my monitor?
Well I am interested in buying the VGA converter off you, however, it wont let me PM could somebody help me out on this, it just says I dont have priviledges or something!

Yeah you need a certain ammount of posts before you can do things of that nature...again...I SEE A NOOB

...me? A nerd? Thats funny...funny like cancer

Back