Zack & Wiki-Best Wii Game?

Mako

WiiChat Member
May 30, 2007
CHI-TOWN
Wii Online Code
1635-5908-0301-7661
This game is a diamond in the rough. When it was first announced, I didn't pay much attention to it since it looks pretty childish, but my thoughts changed after I read the EGM review, which scored Zack and Wiki a 9/10. I decided to check it out, and WOW I was blown away by the pure fun and satisfaction of figuring out how to complete each stage.

For those that aren't familiar with Zack and Wiki, I'm guessing most of you, since there's almost no threads on the game, it's about a pirate and his sidekick flying golden monkey (reminds me of a flying pikachu) looking for a legendary treasure and a legendary pirate ship. Yep.. sounds kiddy. It's a puzzle adventure game where each stage has a treasure, and you have to figure out how to get to the treasure using the surrounding in the level.

For example, in one stage you shake a tree to make it drop a coconut, move a giant rock, drop the coconut down the hole, which hits a snake, and scares him into rushing out of the hole, this triggers something (forgot what exactly) to knock out the witch doctor who is brewing some soup, which allows you to pick up sleeping mushrooms and drop them in to the soup, bang the gong with the ladle which calls the other little tribe dudes, they all fall asleep after eating the soup, pick up a flute, play the right notes, go up and grab the treasure... WheW! Yeah this is actually how you solve one of the puzzles, you would have figured it out eventually anyway and there's many many more treasures to find. It's kind of hard to explain what this game is like. If someone could help I'd appreciate it.

I consider this the best single player wii game to date. Zelda was ok, paper mario was boring, and I didn't like metroid prime (yeah i know i'm the only one who didn't like it). Just thought I'd share with you all one outstanding game you might be missing out on. The controls are great and the game is just too fun.

did you ever play pikmin for gc. is it similar. that game was among my favorite for gamecube.

I have to agree. I've been telling all my friends about it and they are all excited to get it now. I see a long future for that game. They really should emphasize more at best wii games

bgreen82 said:
did you ever play pikmin for gc. is it similar. that game was among my favorite for gamecube.

Are you joking? Comparing Z&W to Pikmin is comparing apples and Chuck Norris. I'll leave you decide which game is Chuck Norris. But Z&W isn't that bad of a game. A bit on the short side, but it's fun enough to replay a few times.

If I wasn't getting Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed, I would totally get this. It looks very interesting something you could extremely addicted to. I hope they make a sequel.
Nookslave said:
Are you joking? Comparing Z&W to Pikmin is comparing apples and Chuck Norris. I'll leave you decide which game is Chuck Norris.
LOL

I just bought this game today and have been playing it for about 2 hours now and am 4 levels into the game. This game is VERY fun. I highly recommend it. Definitely two thumbs up. :)

This game is tough

I am new to the wii world, but love this game.
I finished the first level, but it says that it is only 70% complete. What did I miss?

The Ice level is tough even with the cheats available.

i didnt mean to compare them i just asked if they were similar at all in that they both seem to be puzzle solving type games. pikmin may have been my favorite gc game, although i never finished the 2nd one. didnt interest me as much.

ivanthegre said:
I am new to the wii world, but love this game.
I finished the first level, but it says that it is only 70% complete. What did I miss?

Nothing. The other 30% is attainable later. I think it's after you finish the game.

I'm glad to see others enjoying this game as much as me!

I work at Movie Gallery, so I get free rentals, and I do believe you gave me the desire to try this game. Thanks! However, if this game sucks, I shall make your life a living... Okay, I'm kidding.

Wii > You said:
I work at Movie Gallery, so I get free rentals, and I do believe you gave me the desire to try this game. Thanks! However, if this game sucks, I shall make your life a living... Okay, I'm kidding.

Haha. Don't worry. It was FREE!

this game definitely rocks.

reminiscent of the good old pc days (i.e. king's quest, secret of monkey island, sam & max...) i'm real glad that they made this type of game - and the control scheme is perfect. love it!

Back