1 HDMI Port?

Vanquish23

Supahstar
May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
8617-4848-0755-6983
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what 1 HDMI port on a new HDTV meant? Does this mean I have to unplug and re-plug cords if I want to switch from HD channels on cable, and using component cables with my Wii?

I'm basically in the hunt for a 32", possibly 37" 720p LCD HDTV. As you can see I'm big on Cost but I also want a decent Quality HDTV. The television will be primarily used for watching occasional network television shows, MTV, NBA, NFL, and lots and lots of Wii (Brawl).

Vanquish23 said:
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what 1 HDMI port on a new HDTV meant? Does this mean I have to unplug and re-plug cords if I want to switch from HD channels on cable, and using component cables with my Wii?

I'm basically in the hunt for a 32", possibly 37" 720p LCD HDTV. As you can see I'm big on Cost but I also want a decent Quality HDTV. The television will be primarily used for watching occasional network television shows, MTV, NBA, NFL, and lots and lots of Wii (Brawl).

it means that you can only connect one HDMI cable to your TV at a single time..... if your cable uses a HDMI cable and you also have a bluray or HDdvd player that uses a HDMI cable then yes you will have to change everytime you switch. but if you have only a single HDMI combatable device then you will be fine...HDMI and component cables are different sources so you will be fine

Sweet! Thanks for the response. I ended up purchasing the Olevia 232V 720p LCD HDTV for $599 including tax and shipping! Boooya.

Vanquish23 said:
Sweet! Thanks for the response. I ended up purchasing the Olevia 232V 720p LCD HDTV for $599 including tax and shipping! Boooya.
nice ~! have fun with it !

Back