16 year old thinking about getting a 360 for Wii60.

ChristmasWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
I got the Wii for Christmas and love it, but I know Nintendo won't produce XBOX Live caliber online, so I am curious for the FP shooter games. I would love to get CoD 3, Gears of War, or Lost. However, I am 16 years old, and money isn't too common. I have a job, and over 2,000 in my account, but that is for my car. Anyway, I want a 360, but then I would have to pay over 100.00 if I wanted a Wii/360 game at the same time. This sucks because the games I really want (Galaxy, SSBB, Metroid, and maybe Paper Mario) aren't coming out real soon. I mean. This is almost 700.00 in consoles and I am not sure I can keep spending money on games. So, in your opinion, what should I do. Keep the Wii alone, or get the 360 and get games I REALLY want. Not sure.

Selling the Wii won't get you much of what it's worth. If I were you, wait for a deal to spring up where someone wants to trade systems and a little bit of cash, or be patient and wait till you can afford to buy a 360 as well. But if the majority of your favourite games are on the 360, go for it. It's all up to you. Just keep in mind, someone spent the cash to get you the Wii, respect that.

my good friend has COD for his computer and is DIE HARD for it!

he played COD for my wii and he didnt like it all that much. he said he prefers the mouse over anything else.....me? i like the game on the wii! im used to it since i dont know any other way. i want the gun to come out so badly already!

well, my suggestion is that you should keep 3/4 of your money for your car and then spend 1/4 of your money for whatever else you want to spend on. I'm 14 and I bought 2 Wiis from working at my dad's restaurant. All my money is going to be whatever i like to buy for now. Yeah, but that is my suggestion for you. Oh and I kept one and sold the other on Ebay for $460. My friend did it for me and i gave him half the profit I made.

I got a wii, then was told about how cool the 360 was, i bought it, and now im going to return it. I clocked gears of war in 3 days, and those days weren't filled with excessive playing either. I say save your money, i chose the 360 over PS3 because of its online support, but online xboxlive isnt all that great as everybody says it is in my own opinion that is, i'd rather wait and see how good the PS3 is, and if its good.. buy that instead! by then u will be 17 and probably into the whole anime graphics type games like FF, not familiar with names of the other games but u know what i mean. The reason why i suggest this is because your actually saving your money for a car, so waiting isnt a problem for u, because its sort of a win/win situation.

Another thing you might want to know is, there are rumours that microsoft is currently developing (or already have developed) the Xbox Version 2 named the "Zephyr". It comes with a better built in fan, bigger hard drive, HDMI support (only important if u have a good TV that supports it). Some people may not find these upgrades important, but microsoft sure do think its important enough to give the name a new nickname and call it Version 2 Zephyr. Rumoured to release earliest mid 2007 in the US, so as i said, u should just wait.
Note: Version 1 xbox360's are known to overheat so easily, and if it overheats after your warrantee time? your scrwd. :s good luck on your decision making.

The wii/xbox 360 is the perfect combination. I have both and play each equally in time. Also, the money I spend on games is no longer being spent on hookers and blow.

Meh i hate pc gaming, its like oh cool look a new fps is on the way it should be out in a few months. Looks like its time to go and buy a new motherboard,cpu and graphics card just so i can play it.

Hmm.. This is a tough decision. You have the money, but you need it for something else. Let see... lets think of other things that can maybe help sway your decision. First of all, do you have a High Def. TV? If you don't... then I would say stick with the Wii. On the otherhand... if you do, then maybe think about getting a 360. Also, if you have things that you may not need such as collectable items or stuff you can sell. Do that as well. Now... only if you were 18... there's thing plastic thing that I use.. called a credit card kekekkeke

I have a Wii and my cousin next door has a 360.I love Gears of War for the 360 but the game is way to easy.I have COD3 for the Wii and love it.COD3 on easy is a little to easy aswell but when you move up levels it makes it great.The 360 has better graghics and as we speak better games(but that wont last long).The Wii has great game play and great controls.360 online is great but I alos feel that the Wiis will be great as well when it gets here.I prefer the Wii but some others may prefer a 360.But I say this,both are great and you cant go wrong with either one you choose.BUt I can say this do not buy a PS3 they suck.I bought one and keep it for about 3 weeks before I sold it.Graphics are better than any other system but everything else sucks.So there ya go pick one or both and play until your heart is content.

I have both a 360 and a Wii. I mainly got the Wii for my wife. It's got games that are easy to pick up and she enjoys them. For me, I prefer R6: Vegas, and GoW style games. I play MP GoW every night with a group of friends, and we get a kick out of it. Realistically, it's up to the games you like. Graphics, power, whatever really don't matter. In the end, what sort of games do you like, and which system will provide those games...

Also, the poster who commented about having a HDTV made a very good point. If you have a Standard Def TV, stick with the Wii. If you've got a HDTV tho, I would recommend the 360...

ya stick with the wii for now, i had been planning to get a wii since beginning of Nov. but when Micro Center had a 100 off on the 360 i couldn't resist so now, i have both :smilewinkgrin:

Back