2 Questions

WSP92

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2006
1. Does it matter where you put the sensor bar, above or below? Will you get the same sensetiveness?

2. I was watching Gamespot open the Wii, and they had standard definition cables come in the box. Then they said they had composite cables and were going to be using those. What is the difference between those two?

Thanks for your help.

1. not, as long as it's in one of those two positions...
2. Wii comes with component cables that will let you use only 480i...the composite cables which cost an extra $30 US, allows for 480p which is just a slightly better picture if your TV supports it

1. If you kept watching the Gamespot video you would have seen when they set up the Wii that when you first turn it on it asks you where you put the sensor bar; Above or Below your tele. And yes, it is the same difference if you put it above or below.

2. No, Gamespot was still using the composite video cables throughout that entire show. The difference between composite and component is this: Composite sends your video signal through one cable (the yellow one) and your audio through red (right) and white (left). Component cables sends your video signal through THREE separate cables; green, red, and blue (which obviously makes for a much better signal) and you audio still comes through red (right) and white (left). Unfortunately the Wii DOES NOT support HD which is 1080i and 720p. It only supports 420p which is still better than the stanndard 480i.

Hope that helped.

Back