Wii Disaster story

mr_squish

Moonshining Tyrant
Dec 31, 2006
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Wii Online Code
3643-7776-8925-9557
So there I was, getting ready for a night of friends, food, and drinking. I had moved all my furniture out of my living room in order to vacuum. Put my Wii on my bookshelf, but forgot to move the cable for my sensor bar. Can you guess what happened next? That's right, I sucked up my sensor bar cord into the vacuum, hurling the sensor bar itself into the wall, smashing it to bits...I then curled into a ball on the floor and wept.

Straight to the Nintendo website, ordered a replacement sensor bar $10.00US.
Got my order number, checked in 2 days later to see if Nintendo had shipped it. They hadn't. In fact, I couldn't even track my order as my Mynintendo.com account had a different mailing address than my order. So now it looks like my sensor bar isn't coming after all.

So, I call nintendo customer service and find out about the 2 different addresses. They fix that. Then they can't seem to find my order. By now, I've aged 20 years and have pulled most of my hair out. Finally after about an hour, they track down my order. Phew!

So nintendo has to re-order my sensor bar, and I don't have my CC with me so I'm gonna have to call customer service again to give them the number. I rush home on my lunch break from work and find my CC.

My phone rings, it's Nintendo calling me. They are going to send me a new sensor bar for free, no s&h, expedited shipping! 3 more days till it gets here!

Now how many other companies would do that?

So you're getting a new one in 3 days? o.o

...If you couldn't have the Wii party, you could have always used candles. xD;

Ok, just an update, no sensor bar yet, but some interesting info...i can get my cursor onto the screen and access any channel, even though my sensor bar is busted (in fact, not even in plugged in or in the same room).

Now, it doesn't work 100% all of the time, I seem to have better success at night than in daylight, but you don't need to really aim for any of Wii sports anyways, and have been playing that exclusively.

Try it out for yourself if you don't believe me.

mr_squish said:
Ok, just an update, no sensor bar yet, but some interesting info...i can get my cursor onto the screen and access any channel, even though my sensor bar is busted (in fact, not even in plugged in or in the same room).

Now, it doesn't work 100% all of the time, I seem to have better success at night than in daylight, but you don't need to really aim for any of Wii sports anyways, and have been playing that exclusively.

Try it out for yourself if you don't believe me.
Wow! :yikes:

Never knew you could control the cursor without the sensor bar.

you cant do anything pointer wise...

but the controls still work, so use the d-pad and A button.

you can use 2 standard tv/dvd/hi-fi etc remotes and the IR from then allows aiming

Must admit i've been very impressed with the way Nintendo customer care has been since the Wii launch. Express replacements for faulty units, hardware etc.

Great to hear about.

if you had broken your Wiimote , would they send you a new one free?

it's just 10$ , they don't give a sh!t once in a while

Drizzt

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
if you had broken your Wiimote , would they send you a new one free?

it's just 10$ , they don't give a sh!t once in a while

Drizzt

o_O i don't get you and i don't get your post.

they did replaced the sensor bar . if they sell it 10$ , how much you think it cost them to make it? 2$ ?

YOu think they would replace a Wiimote for free if they lose your address?

Drizzt

GaryT85 said:
you cant do anything pointer wise...

but the controls still work, so use the d-pad and A button.

you can use 2 standard tv/dvd/hi-fi etc remotes and the IR from then allows aiming

That's the thing, I can manipulate the pointer. Try navigating from channel to channel with the d-pad, you can't. But, if i get the angle just right (not pointing at the screen) the player 1 hand cursor does show up and I can use it.

But i didn't know about the 2 other remotes and IR, I will try this too.

And no, I don't think they would replace Wiimotes because you can buy one in a store where the sensor bar is only a part of the Wii and Nintendo can't expect us to buy a whole new wii when a cable breaks.

Back