2nd Remote Will Not Work

abwddy2k

WiiChat Member
Mar 11, 2008
I can not get my second or third remote to work in Ubisofts Monstor 4x4 World Circuit. I have seen others with the same problem on different sites but ofcourse not a soul has posted a solution. It works fine in Wii Sports and my Wii Play but not here. if this is the type of stuff to expect on multiplayer games not created by Nintendo then I may have made a very bad investment for something for the family to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Trying to sync a Remote to your Wii? :yesnod:

Do this on the Wii's channel screen or shortly after launching the game. It may not work if you are into the game's sub menus.
  • For the first time:
    • open the small Flash Drive door on front of the Wii.
    • remove the battery cover on the back of the remote.
    • hit the red button found inside the Wii's door then the red button on inside the Remotes battery compartment.
    • watch blue flashing lights on Remote.
  • Temp synch or rotating remotes?
    • simply hit the home button on a remote
    • point to Remote Menu at the bottom of the screen
      • it highlights blue when you point to it
    • click on reconnect remotes
    • follow onscreen instructions
helpful? :yesnod:

you may not need all of this info.. just certain parts

Here is what i have tried. I have gotten them to activate before going into the game but once in it drops the second controller just like it is suppose to. I then go to the multiplayer screen it has the first controller there but not the second. So I try to use the sync button on the back of the controller to activate it but no luck. I have tried using the 1 & 2 button at the same time like in Wii Sports and Play but it never finds the second controller. I have tried to get the game to find it in the multiplayer screen and at the main screen nothing. Is there a trick for this game or are they all like this. Wii Sports and Wii play works great at bdetecting the remotes it is just this game and as my first game purchase for it I am not impressed.

1. Turn the Wii console power OFF by pressing the POWER Button on the front of the console. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet for a few seconds. After a few seconds have elapsed, plug the cord back into the wall outlet.
  2. Turn the power of the Wii console ON. When you see the Health and Safety screen, open the small flap on the front of the Wii console to find a red button labeled "SYNC." Press and hold the SYNC Button down for 15 seconds. This will clear all the syncs on the Wii, allowing you to get a clean start to begin the process described below.
  3. After holding the SYNC Button on the Wii console down for at least 15 seconds, you can now "re-sync" your Wii Remotes:
    1. With the first Wii Remote you wish to sync, remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote to find a small red button just below the batteries.
    2. Press and release the small red button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the blue lights on the front of the Wii Remote will blink.
    3. Quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the inside of the white flap on the front of the Wii console (picture).
    4. When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).
    5. This sync procedure (steps "a" through "d" above) must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/wiiremote.jsp

Back