360 May Support Blu-ray One Day

they said this a while ago that if blu-ray ends up winning then all they have to do is make an add-on like they did with the HD-DVD player

I don't see how the XBox could support Blu-ray. Why would Sony (their competitor and the creator of Blu-ray) give Microsoft the rights?

Jorge said:
I don't see how the XBox could support Blu-ray. Why would Sony (their competitor and the creator of Blu-ray) give Microsoft the rights?

sony didnt make blu-ray, its just a format and more memory of a hddvd, bluray went with ps3 because the xbox 360 had chosed the format of HDDVD. Hello there is a Samsung bluray player.

from a VIDEO TAPE TO CD TO DVD TO HDDVD now TO BLU-RAY

Mitch2025 said:
they said this a while ago that if blu-ray ends up winning then all they have to do is make an add-on like they did with the HD-DVD player
Heh heh, you said add-on, and I just bought a Genesis/32X/SEGA CD combo...I just thought it was a funny coincidence, dont mind little old Fox.:cornut: :tard:

They didn't make Blue Ray. Thats a very stupid comment to make. Thats like saying Xbox made HD DVD because they have it in their console =/

This whole ggraphic thing makes me mad it never used to be like this now it's the main focus
People should just watch movies

Sony did not create Blue-ray, but it's on the Blue-ray disc association. It has a financial stake in the success of Blue-ray disc media, so the more Blue-ray players out there, the better... even if it's on a microsoft device

yep its a joint effort for blue ray and hddvd... sony has tryed many times before to make there very own format and failed every time... this time everyone chipped in.. i doubt eaither will become a significant media format.. both will do so so in sales over the next 10 years and become obsolete in my opinion...

the problem with making your own format is you own the rights to it get greedy and charge everyone to use it and it fails... "see sony minidisk"

but with sales numbers the way they are now compared to when VHS,or DVD first came out looks like both are gonna bomb... they will get the companies by untill they figure out "on demand downloads" is what everyone wants.. aswell as a better media format than disk that can scratch and wear worse than any other format has ever...

ill bet money in the next 10 years the majority of people will buy DVR's "tivo" and some type of memory card then any disk format...

Back